Website Artistic Fundraising Group
fundraising solutions for the arts
The Associate Consultant will support Artistic Fundraising Group’s team in their contracted work for small and mid-level arts organizations. The Associate Consultant will also support company leadership in various administrative responsibilities within the consulting business. There is the opportunity to train in various areas of nonprofit development, such as grant writing, individual donor communications, and fundraising strategy to grow skillsets in fundraising and to be eligible for opportunities for advancement within the company.
This position reports to the CEO/President and will work part-time as an independent contractor, with the opportunity to work flexible hours and from home. The rate for this role is $18/hr. The Associate Consultant must provide necessary materials for the job, such as a personal laptop.
Artistic Fundraising Group adheres to all federal, state, and city public health guidelines and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We currently work exclusively remotely, conducting all meetings internally and with clients via Zoom. As public health considerations allow, we will determine as a collective when to return to in-person meetings with clients and their public events in the coming months. Some standing meetings and calls were remote prior to the pandemic and will continue as such indefinitely.
- Prepare attachments and other supporting materials for grant proposals and reports
- Organize and archive materials for both AFG team members and AFG clients
- Conduct prospect research projects for various clients
- Assist in the design and creation of marketing materials for Artistic Fundraising Group’s marketing and communications efforts
- Support the planning and execution of digital communications for Artistic Fundraising Group, including social media, newsletter, and website
- Assist in the maintenance of project management tools such as Google Drive, Asana, Fluxx, and, occasionally, a client’s own CRM system
- Attend monthly and bi-weekly meetings with the AFG team as well as meetings with clients in partnership with AFG Consultants as necessary – all via Zoom
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; BA/BFA in nonprofit management and/or the arts a plus but not required.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on deadline-oriented work.
- Ability to produce timely and quality work with thorough attention to detail.
- Background and interest in the nonprofit sector preferred, particularly in the areas of the arts, education, or social services.
- Prior experience in marketing/communications or grant proposal preparation is preferred but not required.
- Technical proficiency in Google Suite preferred.
- Experience and technical proficiency in other project management tools and/or CRM databases preferred, but not required.
Instructions to Apply:
Submit cover letter detailing your interest in the arts, fundraising, or communications and a resume.
About Artistic Fundraising Group
Artistic Fundraising Group provides fundraising strategies and resources to nonprofit organizations working in Chicago’s vibrant arts and culture scene. We generate growth in all areas of contributed revenue for small to mid-level nonprofit organizations by building comprehensive, custom fundraising strategies. We take pride in effectively and collaboratively working with each client to develop unique, achievable fundraising solutions that truly work for each organization.
We provide consulting services in both institutional and individual giving, board fundraising, and the development of multi-year fundraising plans. We also take a hands-on approach to support an organization’s leadership, such as developing copy for annual campaigns, coordinating special events, or managing a portfolio of grant proposals and reports. Finally, we teach workshops and host seminars to train nonprofit professionals in the skills they need to fundraise.
Artistic Fundraising Group is actively committed to working practices that are antiracist, equitable, and inclusive, and that are free of discrimination or harassment. Furthermore, we strive to be accountable to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and disabled individuals and the organizations that center their lives and work. As such, Artistic Fundraising Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without discrimination in regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, parental status, or ability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org