The Social Media and Publications Coordinator works closely with the Associate Director of Communications and other members of the Communications department, including Vice President & Chief Advancement Officer and consultants, to achieve excellence in the BSO’s content-driven communications. This includes developing and implementing a strong social media strategy as directed, managing the BSO’s official social media platforms, and creating engaging social media content, as well as aiding in the production of major print and digital publications, all in alignment with the organization’s strategies and goals.
The Social Media and Publications Coordinator oversees the day-to-day management of the BSO’s official social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), including content creation, data analysis, and customer support. The position works closely with the BSO’s Marketing department to aid in paid social media efforts and concert promotion, as well as with colleagues in other departments to stay informed and source content of institutional programs, happenings, and news.
The Social Media and Publications Coordinator also serves as a production coordinator for the BSO’s printed and digital publications, including the BSO’s bi-monthly program magazine Overture. The Coordinator works closely with Baltimore Magazine to implement a production schedule that creates and implements an internal editing and routing schedule of Overture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Social Media and Digital Content
· Develop and implement a robust calendar of organic human interest, institutional, and promotional content that builds brand awareness and drives engagement on the BSO’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn social media platforms
o Work with colleagues directly managing OrchKids and BSYO social media pages to strategize and analyze content, including ensuring appropriate cross-integration with BSO official channels
· Use Sprout Social to report quarterly on social media engagement, growth, and audience
· Establish social media partners and relationships with social media influencers
· Monitor and respond to inbound messaging and customer service issues on the BSO’s social media platforms in collaboration with Patron Support team
· Coordinate with Marketing colleagues on paid social campaigns and compelling video and written content for BSOmusic.org
· Report quarterly on social KPIs and campaign analytics to gauge success and inform future content planning
· Maintain, update, and implement a production schedule, establishing and communicating deadlines and routing to appropriate internal parties .
· Coordinate with program annotators and/or program publishers (assets and deadlines)
· Collect, edit, and proof-read content
· Participate in the determination of editorial content, and incorporate editorial content where appropriate into social media and digital content
PR and Misc. Support
· Collaborate with Communications team to develop promotional ideas, pitches, and content
· Attend BSO events to capture content
· Assist with execution of PR events, providing on-site support if needed
· Maintain current musician and key staff biographies and photos
· Assist with administrative duties in Communications department including media tracking, monitoring, and clip management
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
· 1-2 years of social media experience, preferably in a performing arts setting
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, digital media, or related field
· Demonstrated proficiency of communications technologies and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
· Excellent writing skills for a variety of platforms
· Highly skilled to proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
· Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
· Proficiency with Microsoft programs
· Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem-solving skills and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects at once
· Knowledge of the performing arts preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits package that includes the below:
– Health insurance, with generous BSO co-pay
– Dental, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid entirely by the BSO
– Generous paid time off, including annual, personal and sick leave
– 403(b) Retirement & Savings Plan
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Health Savings Account
– Employee Assistance Program
– Casual “Dress for Your Day” office attire
– Low-cost sheltered employee parking
– Free and/or discounted tickets to BSO
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter, resume and a least two relevant social or writing samples (e.g., targeted course assignment, blog entry, social media posts, etc.) to Devojobs@bsomusic.org by October 29, 2021.
THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and OrchKids do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, differing abilities, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
For over a century, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) has been recognized as one of America’s leading orchestras and one of Maryland’s most significant cultural institutions. The Orchestra is internationally recognized and locally admired for its innovation, performances and recordings, and educational outreach initiatives including OrchKids. Launched by Marin Alsop and the BSO in 2008, OrchKids provides children educational resources and fosters social change through the power of music in some of Baltimore’s most underserved communities.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performs annually for more than 350,000 people throughout the State of Maryland. Since 1982, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra has performed at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore. In 2005, with the opening of The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland, the BSO became the nation’s first orchestra with year-round venues in two metropolitan areas.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com