Website Casper Artists' Guild - Art321
Exploration and development of the visual arts
Full Time Salaried Executive Director for Art 321 – Casper Artists’ Guild
The Casper Artists’ Guild (CAG) was founded with five members in 1924 and is one of the
oldest arts organizations in Wyoming. Doing business as Art 321 since 2013, the organization
boasts an impressive building and endowment that hosts exhibitions, artist workshops and
classes, and features a gift shop where artists can sell their work to the public. Now, in our
centennial year, we are looking for a dynamic, innovative Executive Director to take us into the
The ideal candidate will report to the Board of Directors and develop and execute a vision for
the next chapter of Art 321, building on the foundation and leading us to expand, grow and
flourish by accomplishing the following duties.
● Serving as a spokesperson and advocate for the organization with the media, partners
and the public, communicating our mission and vision through a variety of mediums and
● Develop sustainable and dynamic partnerships with other nonprofits, corporations,
foundations, public policy leaders and individual donors.
● Art 321 has a voting Board of Directors that meets monthly
● Provide the Board of Directors with the resources, information, and training necessary to
fulfill their duties and to be organizational ambassadors. Actively engage with the
Executive Committee to help identify prospective board members.
● Work with Committee Chairs, and attend Committee meetings.
● Serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
● Able to communicate our mission and vision through a variety of mediums.
● Engage the community by being active and visible in the community and by working
closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Mission, Vision & Strategy
● In partnership with the board and staff, align the organization around a compelling vision
for the future.
● Follow our core values (Inclusivity, Passion & Integrity).
● Develop goals, strategies, and tactics in the form of annual plans.
● Implement the strategic plan as adopted by the Board.
● Encourage and facilitate ongoing staff professional development.
● Ability to share information and delegate appropriately to staff and Board.
● Manage the recruitment, employment, supervision, employee files, proper evaluations,
pay and release of all personnel, including paid staff, contractors, consultants and
● Ensure that sound human resource policies and practices are in place and followed,
including effective communication channels for all personnel.
● Ensure that the building and grounds of the organization are maintained in a manner that
preserves the asset and historical value, and provides a welcoming and attractive
● Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and
● Ensure City, State and Federal rules and guidelines are followed for all aspects of the
● Keep the Board informed of Art 321’s finances and obligations.
● Ensure the organization follows sound financial practices, including realistic budgeting,
prudent management of financial resources, and employment of the organization's
assets for the most effective long-term fulfillment of its mission.
● Developing business processes to ensure that spending, fundraising, grants and other
financial activities are tracked and reported to the Board and membership and that all
obligations are met within assigned deadlines.
● Work with the board in preparing an annual budget before the new fiscal year; and
ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
● Understand, maintain and grow the financial pillars of Art 321 including, but not limited
to: Membership, Classes & Workshops, Exhibit & Gallery Sales, Gift Shop Sales,
Fundraising Events, Grant Writing, Donor Cultivation and Maintenance.
● Manage an approximately $300,000 yearly budget.
Fundraising & Development
● Lead the organization’s fundraising efforts.
● Identify and pursue grant opportunities.
● Demonstrated experience in developing and administering a comprehensive
development program including individual donors, corporate and foundation solicitation,
and other revenue-generating programs.
● Developing and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date membership database, and
implementing initiatives to retain and grow membership.
● Have the ability to organize events on a large scale.
Artwork & Gallery
● Understand that artist relationship development is critical to our organization.
● Ensure art is hung and displayed properly.
● Ensure proper inventory of art is maintained, monitored and audited quarterly.
Prefer a degree in visual art or a related field.
Passion for the arts and a deep understanding of the role of the arts in communities.
Proven experience in nonprofit leadership and management, preferably in an arts or cultural
organization, preferably 3-5 years or more of experience in a senior-level position.
Experience in business with an understanding of profit and loss.
Fundraising Experience including grant writing and/or special events production.
Knowledge of nonprofit governance and board development best practices.
Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and delegate
Familiar with office and database computer applications including but not limited to proficiency
in Google Office Software, Google Drive, Square and Quickbooks.
Exceptional verbal and written skills.
Experience with social media and digital marketing.
Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$50,000 – $60,000 Salary based on experience.
Potential for regular salary increases and
bonuses based on performance.
PTO, flexible schedule, health insurance, and retirement benefits are all negotiable.
Our organization is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and does not
discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. We strive to foster an inclusive and diverse workplace that
values and respects the contributions of every employee.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and
interest in a single PDF file to E.D. Committee Chairperson, Lyle Murtha at
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com