The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) seeks a part-time Education Coordinator to coordinate various education programs, including the CAPA Marquee Awards. Working with the Director of Education, the Education Coordinator will oversee the administration of educational programming and will serve as an important member of the CAPA Marquee Awards production team.
Special Information: This is a seasonal, part-time position with potential for growth. The position will begin early November 2019 and will tentatively end in May 2020. Hours will average 15 per week to start with a gradual increase in hours in April and May as the CAPA Marquee Awards Showcase date approaches. Must be available for some day, evening, and weekend hours. Must have open availability May 11-20, 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinates various Education programs, including the CAPA Marquee Awards.
• Processes and tracks documents and correspondence that may include school applications, ticket and scholarship forms, adjudication reports, master class and workshop registrations, and participation forms.
• Communicates relevant information to participants in CAPA’s educational programming in a timely, professional, and consistent basis.
• Is present for all CAPA Marquee Awards Programs including all master classes, workshops, auditions, rehearsals, and performances.
• Facilitates set-up and check-in of master classes, workshops, auditions, meetings, and rehearsals.
• Assists with the coordination of CAPA Marquee Awards Showcase logistics that may include theatre and room logistics, check-in/check-out, signage, communications, hospitality for artistic team, backstage assistance, coordination of volunteers, and set up of dressing/holding rooms.
• Performs various administrative duties.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• The multifaceted responsibilities of the position call for demonstrated leadership skills, management experience, and an ability to confidently communicate with students, parents, teachers, artistic staff, and community members.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
• Knowledge of musical theatre and its production requirements including terminology, how to write production feedback, and how to read scores and librettos.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating with internal and external contacts in a professional and respectful manner.
Credentials and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in arts-related field or equivalent experience is required.
• Background in the arts is required, preferably musical theatre.
• Comfortable using various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram a plus.
This position will require a satisfactory background check. CAPA will determine the level of background check required based upon current industry standards for individuals working with youth.