The way to dance in NY - advocacy, research, strategy, promotion
Dance/NYC seeks a full-time Individual Giving and Cultivation Manager to work with the Director of Development to develop, manage, and implement a comprehensive individual and corporate giving strategy as well as cultivation initiatives that build our base of supporters. This includes leading the organization’s online giving campaigns, annual direct mailings, sponsorships, as well as in-person and digital fundraising events.
Below are core competencies for every position at Dance/NYC that guide how we engage in our work. Role-specific qualifications are also listed.
– Getting Results – Works effectively, individually and in groups, taking initiative and responsibility to produce deliverables by established due dates
– Problem-Solving and Decision Making – Identifies issues and solutions as appropriate
– Planning and Development – Organizes workload appropriately within a realistic timeline by anticipating needed resources, prioritizing responsibilities, and devising back-up plans when circumstances require adaptability
– Occupational/Technical Knowledge – Applies a combination of job-specific technical skills and well-versed knowledge of the NYC dance community to their work
– Leadership – Leads the efforts of others in the organization by fostering teamwork
– Interpersonal Skills and Relationships – Fosters healthy relationships with colleagues and external contacts in order to achieve goodwill, conduct negotiations and render services. Manages interpersonal conflict effectively as needed.
– Communications – Communicates effectively and openly, informs relevant stakeholders on work progress or problems, and solicits and incorporates feedback. Has excellent writing, copy editing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
– Self-Management Skills – Demonstrates self-discipline, emotional intelligence, resiliency, adaptability, and self-confidence in dealing with difficult situations and accountability.
– Justice, Equity, and Inclusion – Is aware of and regularly tends to the impact of their social identities and actions within their role and in relationship with colleagues and stakeholders.
Role Specific Skills
– Knowledgeable and experienced in executing successful fundraising strategies and techniques with a track record of expanding existing individual and/or corporate donor relationships and cultivating new ones over time
– Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and relationships and build long term partnerships
– Current on and comfortably engaging with emerging technologies and demonstrate a commitment to technology solutions in the social enterprise space, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe inDesign, CRM Softwares, and Google Suite Applications
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
Reports to the Director and working in collaboration with key staff to implement on all aspects of the organization’s fundraising portfolio including:
General Administration and Strategy (10%)
– Support developing and implementing individual and corporate fundraising goals and strategies
– Maintain detailed donor records for audit and administrative purposes and keep and improve database (NeonCRM), including data entry and clean up
– Liaise regularly with staff to advance fundraising objectives across areas of activity, especially programs and communications; and provide additional fundraising and administrative support as needed
– Update web pages, including Dance/NYC’s board, committee, and donation pages
Board Stewardship (25%)
– Manage Board of Directors and Advisory Committee matrices
– Create draft agendas, meeting scripts, reporting materials, talking points for quarterly board and committee meetings, reminder emails, and other internal communications
– Assist scheduling for annual justice, equity, and inclusion trainings in collaboration with other members of the leadership team
-Record detailed minutes for each board and committee meeting and provide administrative support, as needed
-Provide general support to board members, as needed
– Implement communication and follow up procedures on on giving, outreach, etc; and
– Collaborate with the Director of Operations and Finance to develop and implement outings, trainings, and other special events.
Individual Portfolio (40%)
– Manage aspects of solicitation (both print and online), event invitations, acknowledgments, and record-keeping for recurring and new individual donors
– Work with leadership team and Committee on Trustees on board and committee recruitment and stewardship
– Manage all aspects of cultivation and fundraising events (at least two annually), including but not limited to event logistics, invitations, and sponsorships
– Conduct substantive prospect research for individual donors
– Provide service to donors as directed, including activity to advance their role as ambassadors of the organization
– Oversee the firstname.lastname@example.org account.
Corporate Portfolio (20%)
– Conduct substantive prospect research of corporate sponsorships and manage corporate fundraising calendar
– Support in the creation of draft materials and coordinate the production of campaign, media and sponsorship assets (online and print)
– Steward relationships with corporate sponsors as directed
Justice, Equity and Inclusion (5%)
– Prioritize ongoing learning on justice, equity and inclusion
– Engage regularly in learning focused on Justice, Equity, and Inclusion (including but not limited to racism, xenophobia, ableism)
– Apply learning(s) on Justice, Equity, and Inclusion within the role and in the management of projects and/or staff/collaborators
– Uphold Dance/NYC’s values and practices in every aspect of work implementation
To apply for this job please visit dancenyc.submittable.com.