FringeArts is seeking a Box Office Manager for the 2019 Philadelphia Fringe Festival (Sept 5-22). Box Office Management experience is preferable. This is a seasonal position, starting part-time in mid-July, and then transitioning to full time mid-August through the Festival. See below/attached/link for full job description. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
The Box Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the Festival’s Box Office. This person reports directly to the Venue and Patron Services Manager and closely with our Marketing and Development Departments. The Box Office Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Recruit, hire and train box office ticket sellers, for both the Central Box Office and on-site, FOH Box Offices at both the FringeArts venue and other Presented Festival venues
• Assist Patron Services Manager with the recruitment, hiring and training of Front of House Manager staff for Presented Festival venues
• Create and track master schedule for B.O. staff and Front of House Manager work shifts
• Work with Marketing and Programming staff to become familiar with Festival shows
• Track and communicate to B.O. staff the use of internal discounts codes and Fun Savers tickets sold through Ticket Leap
• Set up Box Office space with assistance of Patron Services Manager
• Set up Box Office filing, printer, and other systems
• Learn all B.O. policies and procedures (i.e., refunds, exchanges, managing venue capacities, holds/comps, taking tickets off sale)
• Participate in Volunteer Training Session
Once Box Office Opens
• Supervise all web, walk up and phone sales
• Handle customer complaints and inquiries
• Prepare door lists daily for Presented Shows
• Respond to Fringe Artist requests for daily sales reports and door lists
• Oversee ticket seller daily qualifying of sales
• Run reports as needed
• Secure all technology and money in box office safe daily; bring in all signage and lock-up Central Box Office nightly
• Assist with issuing Neighborhood Festival posters and artist badges as participants arrive to collect them
• Create membership cards and mail/issue to members when purchased
• Work closely with Festival Marketing, Programming and Development regarding matters including, but not limited to: added discounts, programming changes, and VIP press tickets.
• Track patterns of phone calls and rush times for future Box Office planning
• Submit all required post festival reports
• Revise and re-write B.O. Standard Operating Procedures as necessary
• Break down B.O. with assistance of Administrative staff
• Be available to answer for consultation for post-festival questions/concerns by regarding reports, reconciliations, customer or artist inquiries or complaints
July 1 – Aug 26: 5-20 hours per week (about 100 hours)
August 27 – Sept 2: 35 hours, prep week
Sept 3–22: 3 weeks at 40+ hrs per week (about 135 hours)
Post Festival: up to 15 hrs, wrap up
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to HR@fringearts.com. Include job title and applicant name in subject line.
EOE: FringeArts is an equal opportunity employer. FringeArts works to respond to and reflect the diversity of our city. We encourage and support applicants of color for this and all open positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
FringeArts is Philadelphia’s home for contemporary performance, presenting progressive, world-class art that stretches the imagination and boldly defies expectation. As the city’s lead experimenter in the arts, FringeArts exposes audiences to unpredictable dance, theater and music performances by accomplished and emerging innovators who are pushing the boundaries of art-making and redefining the artistic landscape worldwide.