The Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra (LCSO) is currently seeking a full-time person to serve as General Manager, reporting to the Executive Director. The General Manager plays a central role in driving revenue for the LCSO: ticket sales, sponsorships, grants, and donations. As such, we are seeking a sales-oriented individual who is goals-driven and has the customer service skills to ensure our audience and supporters feel like family. With general responsibility for LCSO administration, the General Manager is also responsible for business processes such as income/expense reports, coordinating with the Board of Directors, and box office management. Qualifications include: contributed and earned revenue development, organizational and time management skills, assisting with board engagement, strong communication skills, fundraising and marketing/community relations experience. Some nights and weekend work required.
Founded in 1991, the Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra is a fully professional ensemble dedicated to excellence in the performance of symphonic music and to the cultural enrichment of the dynamically growing Las Colinas corporate and residential communities, as well as to patrons throughout Irving and adjacent cities. The LCSO performs eight subscription concerts each season and is a resident organization at the Irving Arts Center. In addition, we have a substantial education program including our flagship Lone Star Youth Orchestra, the only tuition-free youth orchestra in the DFW metroplex.
• Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of all phases of the annual campaign – individual and institutional contributions. Actively engage in the cultivation-solicitation-stewardship cycle.
• Execute and maintain all aspects of season subscription and renewal campaigns, including direct mail and telemarketing.
• Assist in developing concert promotion campaign and execute on the campaign plan. Engage advertising channels and vendors for concert promotion. Ensure deadlines are met. Process ticket orders in coordination with venue box office.
• Assist in development and implementation of the Association’s plans and activities for the media, working closely with local media and providing public information by request.
• Venue coordination: concert night front-of-house management, management of box office and ticket office operations, venue management liaison.
• Engage Board leadership in preparation and coordination of various Board meetings and ongoing donor cultivation efforts.
• Maintain all donor files and records; assist in fulfilling all donor benefits.
• Assist with budget projections as needed.
• Grants: researching prospective funders, writing applications and reports, ensuring grant requirements are met.
• Work with volunteers to plan all special fundraising and benefit events; participate in establishing the budget and oversee the execution of each event.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ years of experience in related work
• Entrepreneurial: aggressive in securing sales, sponsorships, and donations
• Strong communication skills
• Must be able to work independently and handle multiple projects at a time. Must be deadline-driven.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with databases.
Salary range: 35k to 38k annually based on experience, benefits include health insurance stipend and group plan, 2 weeks vacation plus 1 week sick leave
Submit resume and cover letter to Darren Rich, Executive Director at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Founded in 1991, the Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra (LCSO) presents a season of eight subscription concerts on an annual budget of $1,300,000. The LCSO is the largest arts group in Irving, Texas. The ensemble’s professional musicians are engaged under a Master Agreement with Local 72-147 of the AFM and chosen by competitive auditions.