Position: Ticket Office Associate (3 positions available)
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Seasonal, Part-time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: May 6 – August 10, 2019
The Ticket Office Associate is responsible for selling and processing ticket orders, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining efficient Ticket Office operations. Note that the Music Academy will be hiring three Ticket Office Associates.
• Process single ticket and subscription orders, providing individual attention to patrons to ensure they have the tickets they want.
• Process and report return ticket donations.
• Obtain correct and complete patron information for all transactions.
• Set the standard for attentive, courteous, and sincere customer service – both for external and internal clients.
• Maintain professional, polite, and positive presentation at all times.
• Keep an orderly and professional environment/workstation in which to greet the public and conduct business.
• Ensure that posters and brochures describing upcoming events are current, on display, and readily available to patrons.
The ideal candidate is extremely professional, provides exceptional customer service, and is comfortable working with the public. The successful candidate will be accurate, focused, thorough, and perceptive.
The Music Academy of the West seeks to hire candidates who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success.
• Bachelor’s degree (or degree in progress)
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
• Experience in sales, retail, and/or customer-facing roles preferred
• Ability to work on a team and adapt to changing work priorities
• Knowledge of classical music a plus
Evenings and some weekends will be required.
Ticket Office Associates report to the Audience Services & Community Access Manager.
Compensation and Benefits
• Hourly wage of $12 – $13 per hour, commensurate to experience.
• Seasonal positions are ineligible for Music Academy benefits except where required by law.
• Ticket Office Associates may receive complimentary tickets to various Music Academy events during the Summer Festival.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume by April 1, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using a Subject Header of MAW Ticket Office Associate. No phone calls, please. The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Music Academy of the West
The Music Academy of the West is among the nation’s preeminent summer schools and festivals for gifted young classically trained musicians. At its ocean-side campus in Santa Barbara, the Academy provides these musicians with the opportunity for advanced study and performance under the guidance of internationally renowned faculty artists, guest conductors, and soloists. Admission to the Academy is strictly merit based, and fellows receive full scholarships (tuition, room, and board). The Music Academy of the West cultivates discerning, appreciative, and adventurous audiences, presenting more than 200 public events annually. For more information, visit musicacademy.org