Position: Concert Program Editor
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Seasonal, Part-time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: June 13 into August 11, 2019
The Concert Program Editor is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications Department and is responsible for creating, printing, and routing over 200 concert programs for the 2019 Summer Festival, while adhering to the Music Academy’s branding guidelines.
• Utilize the ArtsVision application to gather program content
• Template and draft all concert programs, editing content for accuracy
• Refine programming content to meet all Music Academy Brand and Style Guidelines
• Communicate with the Artistic, Advancement, and Marketing and Communications Departments to make updates to programmatic and sponsorship content and receive final approvals
• Manage the printing, including quantities, printer templates, and timely deliveries of each program
• Create both a digital and hard copy archive of all concert programs
• Promote upcoming events on programs by monitoring status of ticket sales and matching similar genres
• Must have a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
The ideal candidate is extremely professional, detail oriented, and able to complete time-sensitive tasks during the peak of the Music Academy season. The successful candidate will be comfortable communicating with several departments and will feel empowered to make perceptive and informed decisions.
The Music Academy of the West seeks to hire candidates who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success
• Bachelor’s degree (or degree in progress) in Music, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, supervisory, and communication skills
• Excellent writing ability
• Ability to work on a team and adapt to changing work priorities
• Knowledge of classical music
The Concert Program Editor reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Compensation and Benefits
• Hourly wage of $15 per hour, commensurate to experience.
• Seasonal positions are ineligible for Music Academy benefits except where required by law. The Concert Program Editor may receive complimentary tickets to various Music Academy events during the Summer Festival.
Please email cover letter and current résumé by April 1, 2019, to email@example.com using a Subject Header of Concert Program Editor. No phone calls, please. The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
Music Academy of the West
The Music Academy of the West advances the development of 21st century classically trained musicians and cultivates discerning, appreciative, and adventurous audiences. Founded in 1947, the Academy operates on a 10-acre, ocean-side campus in Santa Barbara, California. Music Academy of the West’s world-renowned eight-week Summer Festival comprises more than 200 events. The Academy began a four-year partnership with the London Symphony Orchestra in 2018 focused on education and performance on both continents.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Music Academy of the West
The Music Academy of the West is among the nation’s preeminent summer schools and festivals for gifted young classically-trained musicians. At its ocean-side campus in Santa Barbara, the Academy provides these musicians with the opportunity for advanced study and performance under the guidance of internationally-renowned faculty artists, guest conductors, and soloists. Admission to the Academy is strictly merit based, and fellows receive full scholarships (tuition, room, and board). The Music Academy of the West cultivates discerning, appreciative, and adventurous audiences, presenting more than 200 public events annually. For more information, visit musicacademy.org