Website Penumbra Theatre
Who is Penumbra?
Founded in 1976 by award-winning director Lou Bellamy, Penumbra is a nationally recognized organization housing Minnesota’s only Black professional theatre company. Penumbra has earned tremendous accolades, producing nearly 200 plays, over 30 premieres, and has cultivated generations of artists of color. Through our powerful art, we open hearts, rehearse strategies for change, and dispel dehumanizing narratives of people of color.
What will you do?
Penumbra is seeking a dynamic, rigorous, and experienced leader to create distinctive programming that resources diverse constituents toward more health and resiliency. At Penumbra, racial healing sits at the confluence of three rivers: art, equity, and wellness. In addition to producing powerful art, our celebrated black theatre company has been operating equity programs for nearly two decades by training individuals and communities locally and nationally. Wellness practices have been slowly integrated into our equity and leadership development training curricula, but we do not have a comprehensive wellness program to date. As we evolve into a Center for Racial Healing, Penumbra seeks a visionary, institutionally-minded leader who is dedicated to the health and vitality of Black legacy institutions and whose ethics and body of wellness work expresses a clear commitment to racial equity and racial healing.
Who are we looking for?
The WD must be able to…
● Support the cultivation of an inclusive, equitable, and liberatory environment.
● Serve as a skilled and discerning negotiator.
● Recognize how her/their/his identity impacts her/their/his work.
● Commit to leading with humility, compassion, rigor, integrity and discretion.
● Communicate authentically and transparently.
● Collaborate with colleagues and partners; nurture direct reports and support supervisors.
● Be institutionally minded; preserve the legacy and advance the vitality of Penumbra.
● Be adaptive through change and iterative processes of discovery.
How much are we paying and what are the perks?
Salary: $80 – $100K/year. Full-time, exempt.
● Penumbra offers PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Start Date – February 2022
How do I apply?
Visit aljpconsulting.com/apply-for-open-positions to submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit aljpconsulting.com.