POSITION TITLE: Subscription Sales and Box Office Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+
The Subscription Sales and Box Office Manager is responsible for maintaining excellent customer service throughout all lines of communication with the San Antonio Symphony’s patrons. This position will be responsible for daily care of our ticketing system and its ancillary products. Additional duties include general administrative support and concert duties. The Subscription Sales and Box Office Manager must be able to work flexible hours, with some nights and weekends required.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in AudienceView or similar ticketing software, staff supervision and day-to-day management, team leadership, sales, and customer service. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in which saleable inventory is perishable and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Lead, manage, and schedule San Antonio Symphony Box Office staff.
• Ensure all daily box office shifts and SAS concerts are staffed appropriately.
• Coordinate and lead weekly Box Office meetings.
• Drive subscription sales, renewals and acquisitions for SAS.
• Ensure excellent customer service standards within Box Office Staff and create meaningful interactions with SAS patrons.
• Manage all aspects of patron subscriptions; including cultivation, sales, exchanges, and communications.
• Oversee daily reconciliation, balancing, and preparation of deposits, invoices, event reports, cash deliveries.
• Ensure all customer records are kept to high standard.
• Provide accurate weekly reporting for subscription and single ticket sales.
• Handle and investigate all escalated customer service issues, and take action to retain patronage.
• Serve as AudienceView (TOBi) Super User on behalf of SAS – working with internal departments, and consortium leadership to ensure best practices are kept.
• Manage the day-to-day use of ticketing system and its ancillary components – TOBi & Raiser’s Edge.
• Serve as liaison between Tobin Center Box Office and Majestic Theatre Box Office for all ticketing needs
• Work closely with Marketing to develop and implement best practices for Box Office sales, service, promotions, and acquisitions.
• Work closely with Marketing & Development to establish best practices to cultivate subscriber base and accurately reconcile patron donations into development database.
• Previous Box Office management experience.
• Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills.
• High degree of accuracy and acute attention to detail.
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
• Previous experience with AudienceView, Tessitura, or other similar ticketing software – experience building seasons and events within the database preferred.
• Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud CRM, or other CRM development software preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong knowledge of Box Office or similar operations, customer service computer operations, accounting/cash management procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving international artistic community. The San Antonio Symphony is committed to empowering the arts and artists to celebrate diversity, model inclusion, and advance equity at the highest professional level. This commitment is an investment in the San Antonio Symphony’s future and its growth.
In its goal to create and maintain a diverse community and organization, the San Antonio Symphony does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should email a one page cover letter and one page resume to email@example.com using the subject heading Subscription Sales and Box Office Manager.
The San Antonio Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About San Antonio Symphony
The San Antonio Symphony, established in 1939, is a nonprofit performing arts organization with the mission to delight, engage, and enrich the entire community through excellent performance, education, and outreach. Under the dynamic leadership of Music Director Sebastian Lang-Lessing and Associate Conductor Noam Aviel, the San Antonio Symphony gives more than 100 performances annually, including classics, pops, educational programs, movie concerts, and performances with our fellow resident opera and ballet companies. With more than 70 professional musicians, the Symphony serves over 130,000 people per year including over 50,000 students. For more information about the San Antonio Symphony, please visit SASymphony.org.