The San Diego Symphony is seeking an Advancement Associate within the department of Institutional Advancement.
Email email@example.com for a complete job description or to submit your resume for consideration.
The primary duty of the Advancement Associate is to provide support for Institutional Advancement and the Major Gifts program, most of which will be directly related to donor and prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for annual fund contributions of $1,000 or more and for major gifts to the Comprehensive Campaign.
• Assist in the coordination of meetings of internal staff, donors, prospects, Board members and fundraising volunteers
• Prepare solicitation materials, pledge forms and benefits sheets for major gift and campaign donor meetings
• General support for Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Major Gifts officers
• Concert work and event attendance (requires evening and weekend hours)
• Provide support to the Special Events staff
• Maintain office supplies for Advancement Department
• Serve as liaison to IT for support of office equipment
• Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
• Assist in training staff members and new hires and onboarding new staff within the department
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working in the fundraising department of a non-profit (preferred)
• Basic knowledge of accounting nomenclature and principles
• Strong writing, organization, and administrative skills
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies
• Strong team player
• Proficient in MS Office programs, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent customer service and professional communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.