The Advancement Officer; Major Gifts, Special Events and Stewardship works as part of the fundraising team to ensure that the Advancement program reaches its Board-approved income goals; maintains a portfolio of major donors and prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; oversees fundraising Special Event strategies and the Special Event team, particularly the underwriting, marketing and fundraising connected with events and the Symphony’s annual Opus gala; attends Symphony concerts; participates in planned giving campaign, including solicitation of donors in the portfolio; manages overall stewardship strategy for entire department, ensuring that programs are implemented to appropriately recognize and benefit all donors, underwriters and sponsors.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum).
• In-depth (3-5 years minimum) full-time experience in development.
• In-depth experience managing a successful donor stewardship program.
• Proven success in securing Major Gifts.
• Hands-on experience producing special events and managing a special events team.
• Successful implementation of proven fundraising strategies.
• Experience with Tessitura preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proven analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other standard office equipment.
• Strong organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize, meet deadlines, think and act proactively, and maintain progress on long-term objectives.
• High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks successfully.
• Experience working with volunteers and donors.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Ability to work autonomously or in a direct team effort.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.