Do you enjoy working with people of all ages – especially children?
Do you have some music background?
Are you comfortable using Microsoft Office?
Sarasota Orchestra currently has an entry-level job opening for a Music Education Associate. We will teach you what you need to know! You will work closely with the Education staff and faculty, providing administrative and logistical support for youth orchestras, music camp, concerts, competitions and education programs. You will also interact with students and parents, create music folders, and organize and input data into the computer.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
• Initiate and maintain positive relationships with parents, students, teachers and Education faculty
• Enter applications for Sarasota Youth Orchestras and Summer Music Camp
• Create and disseminate Youth Orchestra and Summer Music Camp music folders, including preparing music and other library tasks
• Organize and input data for Sarasota Youth Orchestras attendance
The successful candidate will possess:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Music background
• Excellent customer service skills; must enjoy working with people of all ages, especially children
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to maintain positive relationships with parents, students, volunteers and co-workers
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Strong computer skills including database experience
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Sarasota Orchestra offers a competitive salary, generous time off and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sarasota Orchestra
Sarasota Orchestra stands at an exciting juncture in its successful 70-year history. Benefiting from the vibrant arts community in Sarasota, the organization has a $10 million annual budget and an endowment of over $26 million.
Sarasota is widely considered among the most philanthropically generous and arts-oriented communities in the United States. Sarasota Orchestra serves an area of 788,000 residents that is one of the 10 fastest growing regions in America.
The diversity and breadth of Sarasota Orchestra’s musical offerings and programs are unparalleled in an orchestra serving a region of this size. The 36-week orchestra season includes Masterworks and chamber orchestra series, a chamber music program, Pops and a hybrid series of light classical and popular music in a small venue setting. Additionally, the Orchestra collaborates with Sarasota Opera and Sarasota Ballet for 7 weeks during the season. Music Director Anu Tali will be completing her sixth and final season of her tenure in the 18/19 season. The organization is undergoing a music director search.
Education is a hallmark of the organization. The institution operates the three-week Sarasota Music Festival and extensive youth orchestra, summer music camp and young person’s concerts.
Currently, the Orchestra performs in multiple venues. The Board of the Orchestra is actively pursuing plans to finance and build a state-of-the-art concert hall to allow the Orchestra to substantially expand its offerings.