Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s twice GRAMMY® nominated professional vocal ensemble, is seeking a regimented and sophisticated individual interested in working behind the scenes with one of Miami’s top performing arts institutions. This position will maintain and develop institutional funding sources to support Seraphic Fire’s artistic and educational initiatives through the management and execution of a robust grants program. The organization is looking for a thorough and meticulous individual to track and manage all requirements for grant applications and reporting.
• Compile, prepare, and submit all grant applications and requisite interim or final reports (with assistance from freelance/contract-based grant writers, as well as artistic, education, and marketing staff for specific content areas).
• Coordinate with finance staff on grant budget preparation.
• Communicate with grantor organizations and municipalities regarding social media, marketing, and programming updates and changes.
• Attend grant review panels and workshops whenever possible.
• Identify new grant programs for which Seraphic Fire is eligible.
• Manage and steward all grantor relationships.
The ideal applicant will possess honed writing skills, keen editing abilities, project management experience, be systems oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and be motivated to move the organization forward. Facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel) is a must, with basic knowledge of CRM systems preferred. Applicants must be able to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of and appreciation for the choral art form will be seen as an asset. This position has the potential for growth as the organization’s needs and the successful candidate’s involvement develop.
This position may be performed remotely and allows flexible hours but requires at weekly staff meetings (by videoconference as needed) and panels and workshops during normal business hours.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A cover letter describing your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
• A resume outlining your educational and professional experience
• Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received
About Seraphic Fire, Inc
Led by Founder and Artistic Director Patrick Dupré Quigley, Seraphic Fire brings top ensemble singers and instrumentalists from around the country to perform repertoire ranging from Gregorian chant and Baroque masterpieces, to Mahler and newly commissioned works by this country’s leading composers. Two of the ensemble’s recordings, Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem and A Seraphic Fire Christmas, were nominated for 2012 GRAMMY® Awards, making Seraphic Fire the only choral ensemble in North or South America to be nominated that year and the only classical ensemble in the world to be nominated for two separate projects.
Since 2002, Seraphic Fire has put its South Florida home at the center of artistic innovation. The 2018-2019 Season celebrated cultural diversity through collaborations with fellow Aspen Music Festival resident American Brass Quintet for Renaissance music of Spain under Founder and Artistic Director Patrick Dupré Quigley, with 2013 National Arts and Humanities Presidential Award recipient Anthony Trecek-King for an exploration of the African-American experience, and with National Chorus of Korea Artistic Director E. J. Yoon in a journey that showcases gems of Korea’s choral tradition.
Recognized for of its “spellbinding, hypnotic” sound (South Florida Classical Review), Seraphic Fire’s artistic accomplishments have also translated to acclaimed orchestral collaborations with The Cleveland Orchestra and New World Symphony, and chart-topping album sales.