Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s twice GRAMMY® nominated professional vocal ensemble, is seeking a highly organized and diplomatic individual interested in working behind the scenes with one of Miami’s top performing arts institutions. This position will coordinate all logistics for Seraphic Fire’s concert season and tours, and act as point person for all artist communications. The organization is looking for a creative and motivated individual to work towards greater efficiency. This is a professional level position, with growth opportunity, suited to someone with 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit arts administration.
Plan and administer all aspects of Seraphic Fire’s concert season and tours, including but not limited to:
– Organize artist lodging, hosting, airfare, and in-town transportation within contractual and budgetary guidelines
– Create and administer to all constituents the artistic information packet for concert weeks
– Purchase, organize, mark, scan, and distribute music to artists prior to and during each concert series
– Arrange instrument rental, tuning, and cartage
– Communicate with venues on all production logistics
– Liaise with artists prior to and during concert series, collaborating with the Executive Director as needed, to ensure a positive experience
– Oversee setup and strike of venues for rehearsals and performances
– Serve as stage and house manager during concerts
– Develop and maintain an annual master schedule for Seraphic Fire’s operations, including rehearsals, performances, tours, meetings, and special events
– Attend all Board of Directors meetings
– Interact with patrons and donors
– Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal applicant will be systems oriented, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and be motivated to move the position forward. Facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel) is a must, with basic knowledge of CRM systems preferred. Applicants must be able to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of classical music will be seen as an asset. This position has evening and weekend hours, and may require lifting of over 75 lbs.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– A cover letter describing your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
– A resume outlining your educational and professional experience
– Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Seraphic Fire, Inc
Led by Founder and Artistic Director Patrick Dupré Quigley, Seraphic Fire brings top ensemble singers and instrumentalists from around the country to perform repertoire ranging from Gregorian chant and Baroque masterpieces, to Mahler and newly commissioned works by this country’s leading composers. Two of the ensemble’s recordings, Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem and A Seraphic Fire Christmas, were nominated for 2012 GRAMMY® Awards, making Seraphic Fire the only choral ensemble in North or South America to be nominated that year and the only classical ensemble in the world to be nominated for two separate projects.
Seraphic Fire continues to put South Florida at the center of artistic innovation during its 2017 – 2018 Season through masterworks of cultural significance like Brahms’ timeless Liebeslieder Waltzes, as well as through high-quality under-performed music like David Lang’s The Little Match Girl Passion. Guest appearances include collaborations with Lorelei Ensemble Artistic Director Beth Willer and Boston’s Back Bay Chorale Music Director Scott Allen Jarrett.
Recognized for of its “spellbinding, hypnotic” sound (South Florida Classical Review), Seraphic Fire’s artistic accomplishments have also translated to acclaimed orchestral collaborations with The Cleveland Orchestra and New World Symphony, and chart-topping album sales. The ensemble’s September 2014 release, Reincarnations: A Century of American Choral Music, soared to No.6 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart and the ensemble’s GRAMMY® nominated recording of Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem debuted at No.7 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart.