Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Start Date: At the candidate’s earliest availability
Salary: Commensurate with experience, $58,000 – $63,000
Benefits: Full health/ dental/ vision coverage, PTO, optional company phone plan, optional non-matched 401(k) plan
Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s twice GRAMMY® nominated professional vocal ensemble, is seeking an analytical and sophisticated individual interested in working behind the scenes with one of Miami’s top performing arts institutions. This position is responsible for the integrity of financial reporting, accounts payable / receivable, and day-to-day operations. The organization is looking for a thorough and meticulous individual to strengthen and grow Seraphic Fire’s operating and investing health. This is a professional level position suited to someone with 2-5 years of experience in nonprofit arts administration.
• Deliver monthly reports and analyses on the company’s financial position, cash flow, profit & loss, and other financial information
• Develop and oversee the organizational FY budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Board of Director’s Finance Committee
• Oversee all aspects of bookkeeping, including payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and appropriate accounting journal entries under GAAP standards
• Direct all aspects of grant financial management, including but not limited to assisting with preparation of grant budgets and proposals, ensuring timely processing of grant receivables, tracking and analyzing grant expenditures, and preparing and filing all grant reports
• Monitor operational and investment accounts
• Manage external auditors and provide all requested information needed to conduct annual audit and tax return
• Oversee all insurance policies, including general liability, D&O, worker’s comp, and life
• Serve as primary contact with operational 3rd party vendors
• Track and organize company inventory
• Assist in performance reviews, hiring, and maintaining administrative best practices
• Assist Executive Director with organization’s strategy and fiscal health
• Participate in concert duties as assigned (some evenings and weekends are required)
The ideal applicant will be highly detailed, systems-oriented, and have an ability to solve complex problems. Strong facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is a must, with deep knowledge of accounting and CRM software required (QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred). Applicants must be able to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of and appreciation for the choral art form will be seen as an asset. This position has evening and weekend hours.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to email@example.com:
• A cover letter describing your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
• A resume outlining your educational and professional experience
• Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Seraphic Fire, Inc
Led by Founder and Artistic Director Patrick Dupré Quigley, Seraphic Fire brings top ensemble singers and instrumentalists from around the country to perform repertoire ranging from Gregorian chant and Baroque masterpieces, to Mahler and newly commissioned works by this country’s leading composers. Two of the ensemble’s recordings, Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem and A Seraphic Fire Christmas, were nominated for 2012 GRAMMY® Awards, making Seraphic Fire the only choral ensemble in North or South America to be nominated that year and the only classical ensemble in the world to be nominated for two separate projects.
Seraphic Fire continues to put South Florida at the center of artistic innovation during its 2017 – 2018 Season through masterworks of cultural significance like Brahms’ timeless Liebeslieder Waltzes, as well as through high-quality under-performed music like David Lang’s The Little Match Girl Passion. Guest appearances include collaborations with Lorelei Ensemble Artistic Director Beth Willer and Boston’s Back Bay Chorale Music Director Scott Allen Jarrett.
Recognized for of its “spellbinding, hypnotic” sound (South Florida Classical Review), Seraphic Fire’s artistic accomplishments have also translated to acclaimed orchestral collaborations with The Cleveland Orchestra and New World Symphony, and chart-topping album sales. The ensemble’s September 2014 release, Reincarnations: A Century of American Choral Music, soared to No.6 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart and the ensemble’s GRAMMY® nominated recording of Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem debuted at No.7 on the Billboard Traditional Classical Chart.