The Development Manager (DM) is responsible for increasing SPARC’s annual giving goals through developing comprehensive fundraising and stewardship plans that focus on strategic engagement, retention and expansion.
The DM will achieve annual goals by executing growth strategies with a special focus on cultivating new donor opportunities. The DM must work cross-functionally to leverage and enhance donor and prospect engagement, utilize SPARC’s CRM database and manage SPARC’s existing donor portfolio to achieve financial and non-financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
– The Development Manager will work with senior management to set and execute a long-term cross-functional strategic plan to fundraise – achieving portfolio goals. The plan should include benchmark milestones on financial results, relationship development goals, year-round engagement and donor stewardship processes
– Establish and maintain a fundraising strategy focused on achieving long term goals to support various projects and operational expenses
– Oversee, plan and execute annual fundraising initiatives and events to achieve revenue goals
– Focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding current and prospective corporate and high net worth individual donors
– Establish and sustain a network of relationships within companies including senior executives and corporate philanthropic/foundation leads, while providing support in the planning and execution of successful fundraising initiatives
– Develop collateral for SPARC, including brochures and other media
– Provide direct supervision to a Communications specialist position
– Responsible for maintaining, developing and improving SPARC’s websites, social media and branding
– Engage companies and individuals in volunteerism and educational opportunities
– Maintain SPARC’s CRM database, donor thank you letters, maintain relevant stakeholder information, donor engagement visits and other key metrics
– Provide regular and accurate reporting
– Champion a culture of collaboration, continuous learning and improvement while upholding the values and mission of SPARC
– Participate in, and take a leadership role in other departmental and organizational opportunities and initiatives as requested
Requirements and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing or non-profit management or related field ideal
– Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with high levels of organization and prioritization
– Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Delivers effective individual and group presentations which are powerful and impactful
– Demonstrate sense of urgency, ability to independently determine priorities, maintain activity on a number of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
– Ability to work collaboratively, act innovatively and embrace change
– Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, goal-oriented, team environment
– Sound judgment, discretion and commitment. Maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
– The successful candidate will be mature, highly motivated, and team-oriented, with the highest ethical standards and ability to drive results
– Is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred.
– At least five years of development management experience is required
– Development experience in an arts non-profit setting required
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
Social and Public Art Resource Center (SPARC) is a community-based non-profit arts organization founded in 1976 by muralist Judith F. Baca, filmmaker Donna Deitch and artist Christina Schlesinger. SPARC is dedicated to producing, presenting and preserving public artworks in Los Angeles neighborhoods. The organization is best known for its work in hundreds of Los Angeles neighborhoods at a grassroots level to produce the rich legacy of Los Angeles murals.
Submitting an Application
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com