Website The Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago). ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Finance/Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTING – Finance/Human Resources Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Finance, Human Resources, and IT Departments
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; 20 hours/week; some evenings and weekends may be required
COMPENSATION – Hourly position starting at $16/hour which offers paid vacation based on hours worked
HIRE DATE – Mutually Agreed upon date as soon as possible
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES –This individual will perform a variety of daily office functions and general administrative support for the Finance, Human Resources, and IT department. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with all staff, have strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to details. They should also be able to multitask and be able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Responsible for maintaining organizational systems both in paper and digital form
• Maintains various computer applications, manages databases, generates reports, and tracking spreadsheets
• Maintain and follow Document Retention Plan issued by the State of IL and ensure staff follows policies outlined in the plan. Organize documents and apply for destruction when necessary
• Provide general office support
• Communicate with all departments to help collect items needed for Finance/HR
• Continue ongoing project to move paper files to digital form
• Learn multiple software platforms to help with report pulling, and some reconciliation processes for finance
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to exercise discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel) and Office 365
• Proficient in typing and data entry
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Erika Miller), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHA) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.