The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking an entry level, full-time production assistant to join our administrative team.
– Assist all on-site concert production aspects
– Assist Operations and Production Coordinator/Manager to gather quotes, arrange equipment rentals, create stage plots and production plans, and other duties as needed
– Responsible for guest artist management including travel arrangements, hospitality, scheduling, and acting as the in-town point of contact for guest artists
– Production lead for community engagement activities, primarily Side by Side with the Chicago Philharmonic concerts
– Coordinate schedule with Community Engagement Coordinator to act as on-site staff for community engagement programs as needed
– Complete miscellaneous projects including creating monthly member updates, planning special events such as post-concert receptions, creating work samples for the Development department, and other projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, music, nonprofit management, theater, business or other related field is preferred
– At least one year experience working in either production or administrative position is preferred
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends in locations throughout the Chicago area
– Excellent written and verbal communication necessary
– Must be organized, detail-oriented and diplomatic with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Knowledge of orchestral/classical music is preferred
– Ability to read music preferred
– Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
– Job Type: Full Time – entry level position
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About The Chicago Philharmonic Society
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a collaboration of nearly 200 of the highest-level classical musicians performing in the Chicago metropolitan area. Governed under a groundbreaking structure of musician leadership, the Society presents concerts at venues throughout the Chicago area that cover the full spectrum of classical music, from Bach to Bernstein and beyond. The Society’s orchestra, known simply as the Chicago Philharmonic, has been called “one of the country’s finest symphonic orchestras” (Chicago Tribune), and its unique chamber music ensembles, which perform as the Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players, draw from its vast pool of versatile musicians.
The Society’s outreach programs connect Chicago-area youth to classical music and provide performance opportunities for members of the community. Founded in 1988 by principal musicians from the Lyric Opera Orchestra, the Chicago Philharmonic, aside from presenting symphonic and chamber music concerts, currently serves as the official orchestra of the Joffrey Ballet, continues its longtime association with the Ravinia Festival, and partners with other outstanding local and national arts organizations on a regular basis.