The Florida Orchestra is looking for a creative problem solver who also has a strong analytical and numbers-oriented mind.
This position will assist with financial planning and accounting practices, performing the following duties personally or with departmental colleagues:
– Accounting, A/P & A/R, general ledger work and reconciliations
– Participate in all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
– Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports as requested, which summarize business activities regarding earnings performance, direct and indirect cost levels, forecasting cash flow and financial results. Prepare reports required by internal procedures and review financial results for accuracy and clarity within the time frames scheduled.
– Budget preparation and reporting budget vs. actual revenue and expenses on a monthly basis.
– Prepare weekly cash flow reports.
– Ability to recommend and/or implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, reduce costs and maintain up to-date practices.
– Evaluate actual and new software programs to create more efficient and accurate workflows.
– Be a proficient communicator in person and in correspondences and attend Board of Director meetings, Finance Committee meetings and seminars as required.
– Ability to work without direct supervision.
– Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor Degree from an accredited College or University in Accounting or Finance. Three to five years related accounting/financial experience including cost accounting. “Non Profit” accounting experience is preferred. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting software packages. Above average knowledge of Excel required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Florida Orchestra
TFO is a 50 year old arts non-profit 501 (3) (C) organization serving the Tampa Bay Area communities. This is an exempt position, excellent and affordable health, dental and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account, 403b retirement plan, Paid Time Off, Employer paid Long-term Disability and complimentary TFO concert tickets available depending on sales for staff. Some evening and weekend hours required.
For a complete job description, visit our website at floridaorchestra.org/about-tfo/employment-auditions/. To apply, email cover letter with salary requirement and a resume to: Jodi Souza, HR Manager at email@example.com