Reporting to the Production Director, the Rental Event Manager coordinates logistics for external rental clients producing events at Town Hall Seattle. This role supports all rental activity with various levels of complexity. It is a high-volume environment where work productivity, process efficiency and effective communication skills are essential for success.
● Ensure successful event execution through the supervision of all activities relevant to event planning and production.
● Participate in site visits and ongoing communication with client to develop a plan that most closely meets the needs of the contracted event.
● Maintain and develop high-quality service and execution standards when working with rental clients and the general public.
● Coordinate with peers, other departments and clients to prioritize questions, concerns and/or resolve operations issues.
● Determine the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events in advance of production dates.
● Collaborate with Rental and Booking Director to ensure that all event files have an executed contract, payment of deposit and proof of insurance prior to event date. Maintain a seamless relationship between sales and service.
● Control and monitor the customer contact aspect of event production, planning facility operations, outside contractor services and related responsibilities as required.
● Produce detailed event notes and floorplans for day-of-show house staff.
● Monitor events in progress to ensure compliance with regulations, contracts, timely event services, staffing levels, building security, guest safety and client satisfaction.
● Maintain complete and accurate rental client user files.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Provide team leadership to manage large events with highly coordinated project delegation.
● Open building and ensure presentable condition of event spaces, lobbies, restrooms, waste receptacles, café, and building exterior. Supervise cleaning and maintenance as necessary to keep facility in continuously event-ready state.
● Act as the primary liaison between Town Hall and presenters, performers and rental clients and set a professional and positive tone for all interactions.
● Take initiative and proactively coordinate event set up, execution, and break down.
● Expertly manage large capacity and high complexity events.
● Further develop production standards and audience services to ensure consistent, high-quality events for presenters and patrons alike.
● Assist members of the public with a variety of special needs (including early and reserved seating for injured or disabled persons).
● Respond to emergency situations by determining and implementing appropriate response with the support of Town Hall’s Front of House staff.
● Submit post-event report in a timely manner, providing comprehensive details about each important aspect of the event.
● Support production department with planning and execution of Town Hall building move-in: learn new systems, anticipate rental client needs, orient production staff and volunteers, co-lead training for new staff and volunteers.
● Develop and implement systems and tools as necessary to facilitate accurate and clear two-way communication between full-time and part-time production staff.
● Revise and develop written tools, procedure manuals and documentation necessary for accurate communication and training purposes within the production department.
● Attend regular production meetings with the house management team to ensure follow-up on any issues encountered at events. Take meeting minutes as needed.
● 3+ years of experience in event planning, coordination and/or production, preferably in the arts, entertainment, or hospitality fields
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
● Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
● Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook or Gmail, Word, Excel; prior use of Adobe Illustrator and Salesforce a plus.
● Proven ability to provide effective customer service for external client groups.
● Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people, including clients, vendors, and the general public.
● Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines.
● Ability to lift and move 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND STRUCTURE
● Position is full-time non-exempt hourly (40 hours/week).
● $20.50-$22/hour DOE (42,640-$45,760/year).
● Benefits package includes fully-paid medical & dental insurance, fully-subsidized bus pass, and matched 403(b) plan. Generous vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
● Must be willing to work flexible hours, but most often afternoon into evening, including weekends and occasional holidays.
Submit résumé and cover letter outlining specific qualifications and your interest in Town Hall, along with three professional references, to email@example.com, with Rental Event Manager in the subject line.
Resumes are requested by November 25, 2018, but position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Town Hall Seattle
Town Hall Seattle is a nonprofit community cultural center, offering a broad program of music, humanities, civic discourse, and world culture events. Formed collaboratively in 1998 as a shared venue, Town Hall Seattle is both an arts organization and a community resource, with a season collectively programmed by the community itself. Town Hall serves as a venue and a producer, a responsive host, and a catalytic cultural force, serving more than 100,000 artists and audience members with 400+ events annually. We are in the final stages of renovating our 100-year-old building, and will be moving back into our newly-updated historic home in early 2019.
Reflecting the creativity and concerns of our region, Town Hall’s program aspires to host the broadest possible range of voices and interests. Diversity within the organization’s staff advances our mission and work. Consequently, Town Hall supports the goals of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action as essential to its institutional values, and to a democratic and pluralistic society.