Utah Symphony is looking for an energetic, self-motivated Artist Logistics Coordinator with a love for symphonic music to provide guest artist care for visiting soloists and conductors. This is a unique opportunity to support incredible performers from all genres, for an organization with a robust schedule of statewide events. The Artist Logistics Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations and the Vice President of Symphony Artistic Planning, and works closely with the Artistic and Operations teams. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and calm under pressure, and be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General care of all guest artists, including booking transportation and accommodations; procuring and setting up dressing room hospitality; managing and processing artists’ fee payments; and generating itineraries and welcome packets.
• Process visa applications for foreign artists.
• Ensure timely execution of all Utah Symphony artistic contracts in coordination with Artistic and Operations staff.
• Assist VP of Symphony Artistic Planning in creating the artistic budget, and lead the tracking and implementation of the budget.
• Manage relationships with local hotel partners.
• Manage company vehicle schedules and maintenance.
• Assist VP of Symphony Artistic Planning in fielding booking inquiries.
• Serve in artistic rehearsal and concert duty rotation on an as needed basis.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree, experience with symphonic music and knowledge of symphonic repertoire strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work discreetly, independently and display good judgment in dealing with diverse personalities and potentially difficult situations
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and database systems.
• Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Cassandra Dozet, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera Utah Symphony | Utah Opera’s mission is to connect Utah with great live music in orchestral and operatic art forms that celebrate past traditions while cultivating present and future audiences.The Utah Symphony, which performs more than 70 concerts at Abravanel Hall and in the community, is one of only fifteen year-round orchestras in the nation. Together with Utah Opera, which presents four productions annually at the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre, USUO reaches 350,000 people in Utah and the Intermountain region through performances and educational outreach programs. The organization employs 57 staff and 86 full-time musicians and has a development staff of nine. USUO hosts an annual summer series – the Deer Valley® Music Festival – in Park City, Utah. For more information, visit www.usuo.org.