REPORTS TO: General Manager/COO
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Development Associate is responsible for helping ensure York Symphony Orchestra (YSO) programs are fully attended with paying customers and patron communications are professionally branded. S/he will also be an integral part of the YSO’s Development Team in maintaining our patron’s database, organizing mailings and communication, and processing pledges and payments.
MARKETING (60% of time)
o Pre-Concert Campaign
– Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring YSO’s marketing strategy.
– Graphically design visual promotional materials including
– Monitor subscriptions, event attendance, and ticket sales.
o Concert Campaign
– Monitor event attendance and ticket sales. Make suggestions for changes and implement tactical adjustments
o Post-Concert Campaign
– Compile audience info and campaign results for post-mortem analysis
– Design and execute post-concert surveys
o Recruit attendees via York County school and private teachers for education programs
– Young Person’s Concert, Stage the Page, Summer Camp, Songwriting Contest, and Sultner-Wells Scholarship
o Ensure current and accurate information on websites and social media channels
– (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
o Under guidance of Music Director, implementation of PowerPoints, real-time program notes, video, audience interactions (costume parades, artwork contests, etc.)
DEVELOPMENT (40% of time)
o Manage and maintain accurate database for constituents both current and prospective
– Donors, Subscribers, Sponsors, Advertisers, Volunteers, Educators, Vendors
o Process donor & sponsor pledges & payments
– Acknowledge receipt, update records, create invoices, track annual progress
o Concert Receptions
– Coordinate donor intermission and post-concert receptions; interact with patrons
o Proactively manage a growing base of volunteers
o Two-years event marketing experience; preferably within a performing arts organization
o Competency with…
o Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
o Microsoft Office (Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
o Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
o Ideally, an understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
o Systematic organizational skills; heavy attention to detail; focus on accuracy
o Independently motivated, proactive, and flexible.
o Persistent communication skills, particularly for educational programs
o Financial and mathematical understanding and problem-solving
o Interactive and empathetic social skills, particularly with donors, volunteers, and co-workers
Full-time salary commensurate with experience
Immediate upon engagement
Please submit the following in PDF format only via email to Michael Reichman, General Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
o Cover letter (include where you heard about the position)
o Salary history
o Salary requirements/expectations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About York Symphony Orchestra
The mission of York Symphony Orchestra is to provide live orchestral music to the people of South Central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland.