Website Adventure Theatre MTC
Inspiring new generations of theater artists and audiences
Patron Services and Special Events Associate
Position: Patron Services and Special Events Associate
Position Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Salary: $37,000 with benefits (see below) Updated: October 22, 2021
Adventure Theatre (ATMTC) is committed to dismantling structures that may prevent ALL people from applying for employment with us.
ATMTC celebrates the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity as they inspire the creativity that nurtures great art, artists, and audiences.
The Patron Services and Special Events Associate of Adventure Theatre MTC is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of ATMTC’s database and events including box office, reception, phone coverage, and supporting the Development Office with executing special events.
This position serves as a “face” of ATMTC and plays a key role in processing ticket sales, class registrations, and donations. General work hours are Wednesday to Sunday 10 am to 6 pm, with additional intermittent evening work, as required.
The Patron Services and Special Events Associate reports directly to the Director of Development (DOD) and supervises part-time staff for front desk, box office, and house management.
The broad responsibilities and duties of the Patron Services and Special Events Associate include:
· Ensure integrity of all transactions entered into ATMTC database (Tessitura)
· Train full- and part-time staff in proper use of database
· Take a primary role in processing sales, registrations, and donations into database with accuracy and consistently
· Enter gifts in a timely and accurate manner
· Build theatre and Academy seasons in the database in a timely manner
· Assist with other data entry as needed, including Moves Management information
Ensure a positive experience for all theatre patrons
Support special audience engagement efforts including, but not limited to, identifying and dismantling structures that may prevent ALL patrons and students from being part of ATMTC.
Lead Front of House services team in-person during shows Wednesday through Sunday
Track all relevant customer services experiences in the database and weekend reports
In coordination with the DOD, create and execute a merchandise plan for each show
Contribute to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive annual group sales program
Special Events and Fundraising
· In coordination with the DOD, manage special events including but not limited to the Gala, first rehearsals, VIP openings, and other fundraising events to ensure an exceptional guest experience within budget and with a focus on cultivation and stewardship
· Send acknowledgments for all gifts
· Reception and phone coverage
· Recruit, hire, and supervise part-time front desk and front of house staff
· Handle and distribute incoming/outgoing mail
· Assist in ordering supplies as needed
· Have a love of working with children and on children’s programming
· Demonstrated positive attitude and self-directed with a strong work ethic
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide diversity of patrons
· Demonstrated experience with CRM database(s) (Tessitura a plus)
· Demonstrated ability in event management
· Strong enjoyment of helping others with a personal commitment to exceptional customer experience
· Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
· Ability to get CPR/First Aid certification
· Ability to get clearance to work with minor children via Federal and State Background Check
· Fluent in Spanish a plus
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits.
Highlights of benefits include:
• 100% Individual Health Care Premium
• 100% Individual Dental & Vision
• 403 b Match
• Unlimited Leave
Please submit by any means that you would like (letter, video, video letter, resume, portfolio, etc.) that best represents you and your work. Include and highlight any skills or experiences you think would be most crucial to this position. Feel free to mail, email, or drop off (please contact Leon before dropping off) your submission.
Email: Leon Seemann, LSeemann@adventureTheatre-mtc.org
Mail or Drop Off: ATMTC Academy, 837D Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
ATMTC is an EOE.
To apply for this job email your details to Lseemann@adventuretheatre-mtc.org