Website Albany Pro Musica
Voices Capturing the Human Spirit
Albany Pro Musica is seeking an individual passionate about the arts and with the development experience necessary to help build the capacity of a rapidly growing choral arts organization. The Development Manager will hold a key position, working closely with the Deputy Executive Director to execute fundraising programs designed for individual donors, corporate giving, foundation and government grants, and special events. He or she is responsible for managing APM’s fundraising database and assisting the Deputy Executive Director in cultivating and stewarding donors, patrons, and corporate partners, aiding grant development, helping with communications, and supporting event planning as it relates to fundraising.
Annual Giving and Database Management:
– Accurately record, track, and acknowledge contributions and sponsorships using APM’s fundraising database, eTapestry
– Ensure that donor records include accurate biographical information
– Provide regular fundraising reports to APM staff and board, and assist the Deputy Director with ongoing analysis of the fundraising program
– Conduct basic research on donors under the guidance of the Deputy Executive Director
– Coordinate a minimum of two direct mail appeals each season
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
– Coordinate donor and sponsor benefits, ensuring individual and institutional donors are recognized and acknowledged at the appropriate giving level
– Identify opportunities for grants and corporate sponsorships; support application preparation; track and act on reports and follow-ups from funders
– Provide support to the Deputy Executive Director and Events Committee Chairperson in the planning of two annual fundraising events
– Assist with the planning and management of post-concert receptions and other donor events
QUALIFICATIONS – The right candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and excitement about the opportunity to build and grow the development capacity of Albany Pro Musica, and will possess the following:
– Minimum of three years’ successful experience in development with a non-profit organization; experience with a performing arts organization a plus
– Strong computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Office suite and experience with fundraising database software; familiarity with eTapestry a plus
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, coupled with discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Flexibility and demonstrated ability to work well with board, staff, and volunteers
– Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
– Minimum: bachelor’s degree
– Familiarity with music, particularly choral music, a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time salaried position at a competitive rate per annum with generous benefits. The Development Manager is eligible to work remotely for the majority of his or her schedule. Some in-office time is required at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall (typically twice weekly for a few hours, or more as required by current projects, such as mailings). Remote-work arrangements and schedule must be approved by the Deputy Executive Director.
– Email a cover letter and resume as two separate PDF attachments to Emily Sturman (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: Development Manager and your name (e.g., Development Manager Jane Doe)
– Deadline for submission: Friday, July 15, 2022
– Candidates will be invited for interviews as early as the week of July 25. The hiring process will involve two rounds of interviews and reference checks. The position will remain open until filled, with a target start date of late August or early September.
ABOUT ALBANY PRO MUSICA:
Now entering its 42nd season, Albany Pro Musica (APM) is the preeminent choral ensemble in New York’s vibrant Capital Region, and is renowned for its exceptional technical competency, exquisite artistry, and purposeful programming that is relevant and meaningful in today’s society. Critically acclaimed for its performances of intimate a cappella pieces and large-scale choral works alike, APM typically offers four series concerts each season plus numerous special performances with distinguished local, national, and international partners, with a deliberately curated repertoire that includes classical masterpieces from the choral canon, new compositions from modern and contemporary composers, and popular selections from the worlds of Broadway, traditional, folk music and more. APM is led by Opalka Family Artistic Director Dr. José Daniel Flores-Caraballo and is Chorus-in-Residence at the historic Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. Maestro Flores-Caraballo has led APM since 2014 and has elevated the ensemble through ambitious programming, prestigious musical collaborations, a renewed commitment to civic and educational engagement, and a bold vision for the future. Learn more at: www.albanypromusica.org.
To apply for this job please visit albanypromusica.org.