Website Arizona Opera
The Development Operations Coordinator is responsible for all gift processing, data reporting, and other patron services to support the daily operational needs and fundraising initiatives of Arizona Opera. This position works closely with all gift officers, Box Office staff and Finance staff to ensure accurate processing of gifts, monthly revenue reconciliation, regular development reporting, and timely donor acknowledgements. As a member of the Development Team, the Coordinator is also responsible for helping the team achieve aggressive contributed revenue goals by providing excellent patron stewardship through timely, accurate, and professional correspondence, participating in development events, and fielding patron requests.
The Development Operations Manager attends all Arizona Opera performances and some special events (in both Phoenix and Tucson) for logistical support and donor cultivation.
Essential Job Functions:
Gift Processing and Tessitura Reporting (approx. 60% — roughly 3 hours/day)
• Ensure the integrity of data entry in CRM, including name, address & salutation formatting, gift designation (campaigns, funds, purpose codes), and all associated information.
• Process, receipt, and deposit all gifts in a timely and accurate manner (including pledges, planned gifts, recurring gifts, tribute gifts, etc.)
• Process matching gifts, electronic transactions, and stock/securities.
• Oversee pledge tracking and pledge maintenance.
• Reconcile all revenue and electronic transactions with Finance department. Support monthly closing processes and annual audit.
• Develop and generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and advancement reports.
• Update the moves management system in CRM tool to track and report on fundraising activity and revenue.
• Serve as primary donor reporting liaison for all departments including Development, Finance, Marketing & Communications, and Education & Community Engagement. Create queries and reports from CRM including, but not limited to: direct mail lists; event mailing lists; financial reports; internal fund audit reports; giving reports; monthly income reports; historical financial trend reports; portfolio reports, etc.
Gift Acknowledgement and Patron Stewardship (approx. 40% — roughly 2 hours/day)
• Ensure all gifts receive timely, personalized acknowledgements within 48 hours of gift receipt.
• Work directly with Development Director and President and General Director to write personalized acknowledgement letters for major donors and institutional funders.
• Ensure accurate and timely donor recognition for all individual and institutional donors in printed materials, programs, and digital communication.
• Answers and directs incoming development telephone calls and emails. Responds to requests in a timely and professional manner. Directs specific inquiries to the appropriate staff member/department as appropriate.
• Manage timely distribution of Welcome Packets to new donors, including communication regarding parking, upcoming events, and other benefits as appropriate.
• Position front-line fundraisers for success in relationships with donors, potential donors, volunteers and other supports by providing accurate and updated information, participating in strategy meetings, as requested, and providing recommendations and information pertinent to successful cultivation efforts.
• Attend all Arizona Opera performances and select events, as required, to provide logistical support and patron stewardship.
The Successful Candidate Will:
• Be a proactive, self-starter, able to lead an area of responsibility with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and keep multiple projects on track without compromising performance.
• Have an attitude of service, a commitment to ongoing learning, and ability to contribute to a team.
• Take ownership and responsibility to solve problems and achieve business goals while seeking help from others when appropriate.
• Possess excellent verbal communication skills, both written and verbal, and be an active listener.
• Exercise sound judgment, handle confidential matters with discretion, and develop a broad knowledge of the institution’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in office management, gift processing, accounting and/or fundraising support preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
• Experience with a CRM (customer relationship management) database, such as Raisers Edge or Sales Force. Tessitura experience strongly preferred.
• Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy; appreciation for working with data.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• The ability to manage a heavy and diverse workflow with rapidly shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to write professional and compelling donor acknowledgement letters.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Proficient with Tessitura or other donor database software
• Proficient in web-based research tools
Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Some special event set up and break down may be required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Also, see Physical Demands section above re: special events.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@AZOPERA.ORG