Website Arizona Opera
• Processing ticket orders at window and via telephone, mail, or fax
• Process season ticket exchanges and ticket donations
• File and organize season orders and post mail orders to outgoing mail at the end of each day
• Work performances and events as required by manager
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Experience with customer service and organizational skills with a strong emphasis on multi-tasking and flexibility
• Experience with a high-volume call environment a plus
• Excellent communication skills (in-person, telephone, and in writing) are required, as well as an excellent work ethic and keen attention to detail
• Strong skills with PCs, Microsoft Excel and Word are required
• Experience with box office ticketing systems and Tessitura is a plus
• Available to work for extended weekends and evening hours
. Computer Skills:
• Proficient Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
• Proficient with Tessitura
• Proficient in web-based research tools
Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Some special event set up and break down may be required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Also, see Physical Demands section above re special events.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit azopera.org.