Website Arizona Opera
• Assists in completing monthly financial closing process and prepares all designated account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis
• Maintain and update schedules for fixed assets, leases, prepaids, deferrals, etc.
• Completes and prepares monthly journal entries to ensure the month-end trial balance represents accurate accounting data, account classifications and departmental classifications
• Assist in preparing audit schedules and working with auditors
• Assist with preparation of the annual 990
• Perform special finance/budget projects as requested by Director of Finance, Admin and HR and/or the President and General Director
Budget Analyst Responsibilities:
• Support Production and Artistic Department in preparation and maintenance of annual budgets and cash flow reporting
• Provide support in tracking monthly performance against budget and identify and analyze trends that will support department budget goals and Board reporting
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant general ledger experience required.
• Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
• Payroll experience preferred.
• Audit experience mandatory.
• GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
• General business laws and regulations
• Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
• Proficiency in Excel and overall Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in web-based research tools
• Working knowledge of payroll systems
Skills and Ability:
• Self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision
• Familiar with internal controls and accounting processes
• Attention to details
• Meet deadlines
• Follow through on tasks
• Prioritize and accomplish multiple projects concurrently
• Communicate clearly and timely in a professional manner
• Work effectively with staff
• Work independently and as a team member
• Apply problem solving and analytical skills
• Maintain confidentiality
Extended periods at workstation, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person.
Ability to work flexible hours required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting, but intensifies during periods when the company is in production. Due to COVID, masks may asked to be worn whenever is the facilities, in accordance with Arizona Opera and CDC guidelines.
Reliable transportation required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@AZOPERA.ORG