Website Artistic Fundraising Group
fundraising solutions for the arts
Apply today: http://www.artisticfundraising.com/work-with-us
Do you have fundraising experience outside of institutional giving?
While we are actively recruiting for a candidate with direct experience in institutional giving, we are always open to meeting nonprofit fundraising professionals with experience in all areas of development. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us at email@example.com with your resume and an introduction of your background.
About Artistic Fundraising Group
Artistic Fundraising Group provides fundraising strategies and resources to nonprofit organizations working in Chicago’s vibrant arts and culture scene. We generate growth in all areas of contributed revenue for small and midsized nonprofit organizations by building comprehensive, custom fundraising strategies. We take pride in effectively and collaboratively working with each client to develop unique, achievable fundraising solutions that truly work for each organization.
We provide consulting services in both institutional and individual giving, board fundraising, and the development of multi-year fundraising plans. We may also take a hands-on approach in our work, such as developing a theme and messaging for annual campaigns, coordinating special events, or managing a portfolio of grants. Finally, we teach workshops and host seminars to train nonprofit professionals and board members in the skills they need to fundraise.
The Institutional Giving Consultant will manage a grants portfolio for nonprofit arts organizations among Artistic Fundraising Group’s client base. This includes the full execution of grants projects, such as the composition of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports in addition to the compilation of accompanying attachments packages. The Institutional Giving Consultant will also develop cultivation and stewardship plans for clients’ institutional giving relationships, coach client leadership on best practices, and provide timely reporting on grants pipelines to both the client and internally to the AFG team.
This position reports to the Vice President and Senior Consultant and will work part-time as an independent contractor, with the opportunity to work flexible hours and from home. The Institutional Giving Consultant must provide necessary materials for the job, such as a personal laptop. Some digital materials will be provided by AFG, such as a team Zoom membership.
– Plan, manage, and execute foundation, government, and corporate grant proposals and reports for arts and/or community engagement nonprofit organizations
– Write and edit proposal and report narratives
– Prepare attachments and other supporting materials
– Collaborate with clients regarding upcoming deadlines and deliverables to ensure timely completion of projects well in advance of deadlines
– Complete thorough prospect research for potential funder/client matches
– Support collaborating Consultants and their grants portfolios with preparation of attachments and related client correspondence as necessary
– As needed, provide support for client workshops/seminars in institutional giving
The preferred candidate will have a combination of the following work history, skills, and qualities. Please note that we will consider candidates who do not meet every criteria.
– Previous experience in grant writing with a track record of proven success
– Previous experience in other areas of fundraising or nonprofit administration not required, but please share with us if you have it
– Excellent project management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple deadline-oriented projects at once
– Polished professional writing and composition skills
– Ability to produce timely, quality work with thorough attention to detail
– Technical proficiency in Google Suite (or Microsoft Office Suite)
– Background and/or interest in the arts, education, or community services
– Commitment to a culture of collaboration and continued learning
The Institutional Giving Consultant earns $22.50 per hour, with the opportunity to take on additional consulting projects at a higher rate as available. Team members who work 60+ hours per month are eligible to receive a $35/mo healthcare stipend after the first six months of contracted work.
Values and COVID-19
Artistic Fundraising Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to growing our team in alignment with our inclusive and equitable working practices, exemplified by our values of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Antiracism (IDEAA). All applicants will be considered without discrimination in regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, parental status, or ability. To learn more about our IDEAA commitment, please visit our website.
Artistic Fundraising Group adheres to all federal, state, and city public health guidelines and requires all staff and independent contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New team members must provide appropriate documentation within the first two weeks of employment. We currently work exclusively remotely, conducting all meetings internally and with clients via Zoom. As public health considerations allow, we will determine as a collective when to return to in-person meetings in the coming months. Under normal circumstances, all team members work remotely/from home in alignment with our pre-pandemic model, and some standing meetings and calls that were remote prior to the pandemic and will continue as such indefinitely.
Submit cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (preferably relevant to your fundraising work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please share why working in the arts or the nonprofit sector is important to you.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with priority given to those received by May 10, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com