Website Arts Consulting Group
Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and other capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm that effectively works with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director, the Marketing & Communications Associate (MarComm Associate) will provide editorial, operational, and administrative support for all aspects of ACG’s marketing efforts, specifically those involving website maintenance, contact management, email campaigns, social media, and conference materials preparation. This individual will also draft, edit, and format various ACG proposals, articles, and presentations, among others. The MarComm Associate will develop procedures, establish processes, and deliver desired outcomes within allotted timeframes across all three areas of the firm, including Leadership Transitions, Planning and Capacity Building, Research and Revenue Enhancement.
Roles and Responsibilities
Content Writing, Editing, Proofreading, and Posting
• Draft, edit, and format proposals, position announcements, website content, social media updates, publications, and other written materials and graphics.
• Prepare, proofread, and distribute all email marketing campaigns.
• Update website and social media channels, keeping the content current, accurate, consistent, relevant, and vibrant.
• Create, edit, and post video files, as needed.
• Embrace other content writing, editing, proofreading, and posting responsibilities as needed.
Content and Contact Planning and Metrics
• Develop and update media press list and distribute press releases to the appropriate media sources.
• Create a monthly content calendar for all communication channels, track and report monthly analytics, and make recommendations for improved visibility.
• Set up and regularly review Google alerts, sharing updates with team members as appropriate.
• Optimize SEO and assist the team in improving writing standards to maintain and enhance website ranking.
• Collect all contact information from client projects, conferences, and other databases and format them for inclusion into CRM systems in a timely manner.
• Maintain and inventory marketing materials, including client lists, spreadsheets, and logos quarterly.
• Update various internal marketing reports.
• Embrace other content and contact planning and metrics responsibilities as needed.
Administrative and Operational Support
• Oversee the roster of national and international conferences, providing regular updates to the team on conference opportunities and key deadlines.
• Participate in weekly marketing and communications, all-team, and active projects meetings.
• Prepare and ship materials for conferences, clients, team members, and sponsorships as needed.
• Ensure the timely submission of marketing expenses and invoices.
• Manage and update staff directory and assist with the onboarding of team members related to marketing and communications processes.
• Embrace other administrative and operational support responsibilities as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful MarComm Associate will be a highly organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain routinized systems for content production, and deliver print and digital materials in a timely manner. Detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy and consistency, the MarComm Associate will have the ability to adapt to situational demands in a fast-paced environment. As a flexible team player, this individual will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with others in a distributed workforce mode. They will also be motivated by data analysis and the aesthetic expression of words and images that reflect the brand of the firm and its dynamic team.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or business (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of two years of experience in a marketing and communications role. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing and editing skills, basic design capabilities, and technological savvy to utilize various software systems. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, and/or WordPress is desired. Video editing experience is highly preferred but not required. Preference will be given to those with a background in or passion for the arts who are based in the Northeastern or Southeastern United States.
ACG offers a competitive compensation package, with an expected salary range of $40,000 to $50,000 (commensurate with experience), and benefits that include subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; 401(k). This position is fully remote with one annual in person convening that will require travel.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments (electronic submissions preferred), please click here or visit artsconsulting.com/careers. For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity, including anticipated salary range, please contact:
Aishwarya Jayaraman, Director, Marketing & Communications
292 Newbury Street, Suite 315
Boston, MA 02115-2801
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 210
Arts Consulting Group welcomes all qualified applicants and highly values inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are embedded in the uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries and the culture of the firm.
To apply for this job please visit artsconsulting.com.