Arts Ed NJ, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has an immediate opening for a part-time Programs Assistant. Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications this key staff position will assist with the planning, support and management of the NJ Governor’s Awards in Arts Education (NJGAAE) program and annual event.
The NJ Governor’s Awards in Arts Education (NJGAAE) Program endeavors to:
Provide a public forum for the Governor and Commissioner of Education to recognize a select group of students and adult leaders for their achievements in arts education;
Spread awareness at the State Government Executive level about the achievements in arts education by New Jersey’s students and adult leaders;
Increase public awareness of the high level of excellence in arts education in New Jersey’s schools, and provide public recognition for the school, agencies, and school districts represented by the award recipients;
Increase public awareness of the state organizations that support and recognize high-quality arts education.
The Governor’s Awards in Arts Education (NJGAAE) program was established in 1980 by the Alliance for Arts Education and the NJ State Department of Education to celebrate artistic excellence and create visibility, awareness, and appreciation for the impact that the arts have on our lives and culture by highlighting the achievements of students and leaders in arts education in New Jersey.
– All Administration for the New Jersey Governor’s Awards in Arts Education (NJGAAE) program (www.njgaae.org)
– Data Collection, Organizing and Data Entry
– Support of NJGAAE Planning Council and Committees including but not limited to assist with coordinating and running meetings for Planning Council
– Assist with event planning and day of event
– Liaison with vendors
– Manage the NJGAAE social media pages and support with website design and maintenance.
– Contact and cultivate relationships with notable NJGAAE alumni as virtual speakers and network leaders.
– Support the Development Manager with securing sponsorships and advertising opportunities to fund the program.
– Assist with administrative assignments, creation and updates of databases, lead outreach initiatives, and event plan for the annual awards in early June.
– Proactively pitch new, original content and source user-generated content that surfaces the authentic voices of educators, students, alumni and community on our social channels including youtube
– Provide weekly analysis and insights regarding performance..
– Potential to attend arts education events throughout the state as a representative for Arts Ed NJ and Arts Ed Now (www.artsednj.org) movement.
– Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
– Ability to generate creative new ideas and execute them quickly
– Experience with hosting live streams, video editing, interviews, and production experience is a plus.
– A solid eye for detail and composition
– Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
– Experience with event planning both in person and virtually
– High level organizational skills, willingness and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
– Ability to successfully work collaboratively and with minimal supervision
– The desired individual must possess a driven passion for the arts as well as an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and experiences, within an organizational culture that works to be free from prejudice and aggressions.
– Although this position will function primarily remotely, some in-person time at various outreach events and meetings will be required.
– Familiarity with preK-12 education topics and trends is preferred
– Spanish fluency encouraged
This position is a paid temporary contract role with the potential for an extension. It will require 20 hours per week at $20 an hour. This is a one year contract with the potential of an extension.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume and an expression of interest (letter, video, or audio) that speaks to accomplishments, skills, and characteristics that distinguish the candidacy and examples of relevant digital work you’d like us to consider, e.g., an online portfolio and/or links to social media accounts you’ve worked on. Please, no phone calls.
A review of prospective candidates will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates of interest will be contacted. We regret that we’re unable to follow up with every candidate. No phone calls, please.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Arts Ed NJ is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the field are strongly encouraged to apply.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Please read Arts Ed NJ’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and social justice at https://www.artsednj.org/dei_artsed/
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.