Title: Advancement Associate
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: $40,000 plus benefits (PTO, health and dental insurance, 401K)
Austin Opera is seeking an Advancement Associate to support the multifaceted functions of the company’s development department. The Advancement Associate will assist the General Director & CEO, Chief Development Officer, and other members of the development team in fulfilling Austin Opera’s strategic objectives to sustain and expand its stakeholder base consistent with the company’s values and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Responsibilities will include coordinating the calendars of the General Director and Chief Development Officer; serving as a liaison to Trustees and other stakeholders; maintaining the Opera’s patron records in Tessitura; processing and acknowledging donations; coordinating prospect research; and tracking and executing cultivation and stewardship strategies.
The position is a good fit for someone eager to learn and apply best practices in arts fundraising in a collaborative environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support to the Offices of the General Director and Chief Development Officer:
· Serve as a liaison to the General Director & CEO and Chief Development Officer for Trustees and donors, assisting with the scheduling of meetings and events
· Ensure reservations and/or hospitality for meetings involving Trustees and donors
· Ensure notes from donor and Trustee meetings are entered into Tessitura
· Coordinate meetings and activities for the Board, including: Ensuring the Trustee webpage is always up-to-date and updating and maintaining Trustee documents and records (board directory, committee schedule, meeting attendance records, etc.); Supporting the Senior Team in the scheduling, coordination, attendance tracking, and hosting of Trustee Committee meetings; Taking minutes at Trustees’ meetings and Trustee committee meetings as needed
· Prepare individual donor and prospect research profiles
· Prepare prospect research, donor history, and meeting materials for GD and CDO for solicitation meetings
· Coordinate wealth screening process: utilize WE software to screen patrons; qualify results; prioritize prospects; upload data into Tessitura
· Work with the development team on moving prospects through the donor pipeline by recommending prospects for cultivation
· Ensure accurate and comprehensive donor records are maintained for all leadership giving donors and prospects
· Manage plans (moves management system) in Tessitura for all leadership giving donors and prospects; gather information (contact reports, notes, personalized communications) from the Director of Individual Giving, Chief Development Officer, and GD to enter into Tessitura
· Prepare necessary reports for Leadership Giving meetings, take notes, and record action steps in Tessitura
· Monitor moves and ensure they are being completed by assigned parties
· Participate in developing solicitation strategies for major donors and trustees
· Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major donors including underwriting opportunities
Gift Entry, Acknowledgement, and Database Maintenance:
· Enter contributions in Tessitura on a daily basis, including gifts from individuals and institutions, as well as payments for development events and the annual fundraising gala
· Generate acknowledgement letters on a daily basis for all contributions to the institution. Coordinate the approval, editing, signing, and mailing of the letters within 48 hours within receipt of the gift
· Perform adjustments and write-offs to gifts and pledges in Tessitura when necessary
Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of donor records in Tessitura
· Work as part of the Development team at performances and donor events, staffing various functions as needed and participating in donor cultivation
· Coordinate invitation mailings and manage donor event attendance tracking in Tessitura
Other Duties as Assigned
This position is a great opportunity for someone who:
Is detail oriented with strong organizational skill
Is comfortable interacting with Trustees and stakeholders
Is comfortable handling sensitive information with integrity
Is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where priorities and tasks shift frequently according to institutional needs
Is eager to learn and apply best practices in donor identification, solicitation, and stewardship
Is enthusiastic about the performing arts and eager to learn about opera
Austin Opera provides training on Tessitura, the company’s Customer Relationship Management system, as well as Wealth Engine and other prospect identification systems. The Opera also supports professional development opportunities pertaining to fundraising and the performing arts.
Residing in the Austin area is a requirement of this job, as is availability for evening and weekend events. Because of the unique inherent risk of spreading contagions through operatic singing, Austin Opera maintains a Covid-19 testing/vaccination policy for all personnel.
Austin Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com