Website Bravo! Vail Music Festival
About Bravo! Vail
The Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks, drawing music lovers from around the world. As stewards of exceptional orchestral and chamber music in the Vail Valley, Bravo! Vail is also proud to continue the tradition of providing the very best education programs to youth and adults.
Bravo! Vail Vision: Enriching lives through the joy and power of music.
Bravo! Vail Mission: Bravo! Vail presents extraordinary music, accessible to all. We provide extensive music education throughout our community, connect musicians and listeners, and celebrate the evolving world of classical music.
Bravo! Vail Values: • Artistic passion and dedication to quality. • Making music education accessible. • Collaboration and connection based in integrity and respect. • Ensuring the success and legacy of our Festival.
Bravo! Vail’s administration is a tight-knit, collaborative group of happy people who value each other as team members. Each department at Bravo! Vail takes great pride in their work, while also taking great pleasure in the unique Vail lifestyle. The relaxed, dog-friendly office is full of camaraderie (and snacks), and during the summer while the festival is on, the work is intense and the energy is infectious.
The Events Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include the successful planning, coordination, and execution of all Bravo! Vail events across the organization, both during the summer Festival season and throughout the calendar year. These events include but are not limited to: Annual Season Announcement Celebration, patron events and dinners, soirées, special fundraising events, Board meetings and events, staff and volunteer appreciation events, and select Education & Engagement events throughout the Vail Valley.
Success for this position will be defined by:
• Execution of high-quality events including every step of planning process (i.e. securing venues, rentals, caterers, menu selection, etc.) that result in high attendee satisfaction, align with the Bravo! Vail brand standards and values, and (where applicable) tell the story of Bravo! Vail’s impact and need for community participation and support;
• Execution of events within the established budget parameters; and
• Reaching or exceeding annual goals, both fundraising goals through revenue generated by fundraising events, as well as non-financial goals related to quality and growth.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Institutional Advancement Department year-round on all fundraising efforts including research, proposals, donor fulfillment, records management, and direct mail preparations and execution as needed.
• Create and maintain master events schedule in ArtsVision and Outlook
• Serve as Event Lead for all applicable events – includes:
o Secure venues, sign contracts, set up events in Tessitura, create invitation lists, oversee invitation distribution, manage RSVP list, communicate with vendors, execute events onsite, complete event follow-up and payment.
o Create detailed timelines for each event and share with relevant staff in advance of event. Prepare hosts, staff, and musicians for their roles and responsibilities at events.
• During the Festival season, manage process for Institutional Advancement team concert and event responsibilities.
• Manage and monitor event budgets to ensure financial goals are met.
• Manage event logistics (including all planning, set up, execution, and follow up) of:
o All patron events. Quantity and type may vary on an annual basis and may include special fundraising events.
o The Linda and Mitch Hart Soirée Series
o Quarterly Board meetings
o Staff and volunteer appreciation events
o Select Education & Engagement events throughout the year
o New events to be added regularly
• Assist with online auction.
• Acquire needed Special Event Permits for all organizational events.
• Participate in hiring and management of seasonal Institutional Advancement interns. Oversee management of event responsibilities for seasonal interns.
• Build ongoing relationships with event attendees and vendors. Work with Development team to provide cultivation and stewardship, and identify attendees and vendors who are prospects for deeper engagement with Bravo! Vail.
• Work effectively with diverse constituencies and stakeholders including donors, board members, staff, vendors, musicians, and volunteers.
• Represent Bravo! Vail at concerts, fundraising and stewardship events, town council meetings, and to other organizations.
• Assist with special projects, tasks, and administrative items as assigned.
• Participate in all Institutional Advancement Department mailings and fundraising activities.
• Attend all relevant events and performances.
• Attend all Board of Trustee and applicable committee meetings.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years of event planning experience, or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to effectively engage a wide range of constituents and build long-term relationships
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.)
• Experience using fundraising and CRM software systems is preferred, or willingness to learn. Tessitura preferred but not required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, particularly during the summer festival season but at additional times throughout the calendar year as needed.
• Extremely well-organized, with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team environment with a variety of people and personalities
• Ability to problem solve and take initiative
• Professional, enthusiastic, and positive attitude even in high-pressure situations
• Interest in classical music and/or the performing arts desirable
• Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment (depending on position)
· Group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
· Health incentive
· Paid holidays, personal/medical and vacation
· Company matching retirement contribution
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject line: Events Coordinator Position
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org