Website Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Guest Services Associates are responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience and ensuring the safety, comfort, and enjoyment of all patrons. Responsibilities include but are not limited to welcoming audience members, directing patron seating, serving as a resource for patrons and volunteer ushers, expediting the resolution of patron concerns, monitoring the house during performances, and more. This is a seasonal role with dates of employment being January 23, 2024 through March 20, 2024.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
– Drives IDEA to Action platform by engaging in committees, events, training and other initiatives as needed.
– Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos.
– Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace.
– Greet all patrons with enthusiasm, warmth, and a positive attitude as an ambassador for the Theater.
– Expedite resolution of conflicts and concerns, elevating to House Manager or Box Office as necessary.
– In the event of an emergency, direct patrons and staff to safety
– At the top of each shift, review seating, patron needs, etc. with House Manager/Assistant House Manager
– Once lobby is open, serve as a resource to patrons and volunteers.
– Look for bottlenecks and problem spots in traffic flow and assist where needed.
– Assist patrons who require additional accommodations as needed Give verbal and/or visual cues to patrons when the performance is about to begin
– Assist the House Manager and Assistant House Manager with late seating
– Assume post inside house to observe audience and ensure their safety and comfort
– If the performance includes an intermission, assist with opening doors at end of act and assume post in house or lobby to assist patrons
– At end of intermission, assist with reseating and closing doors
– At end of show, assist with opening doors and then remain stationed in house or lobby to assist exiting patrons
– Assist with clearing of house and lobby
– May need to assist with COVID vaccine/test check or coat check
– Additional duties as assigned.
– Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
– Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
– Emotional intelligence
– Superior customer service instincts aligned with company mission and core values
– Outgoing, positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with the public
– Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise, and firmness
– Ability to present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Work hours begin 1.5 hours before any public performance and end once the last patron exits the building.
– Overtime hours may occur.
– Evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be necessary.
– The worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL but will at times work in other locations such as City Parks or other off-site performance venues.
– Will regularly be required to wear PPE during work activities.
– Sitting or Standing at Will
– Standing or Walking
– Lifting or Carrying
– Pushing or Pulling
– Reaching Overhead
– Reaching At or Below Shoulder Level
– Climbing Ramps or Stairs
– The ability to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., announcements and alarms)
– Far Visual Acuity
– Peripheral Vision
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– At least 1 year of face-to-face customer service in any industry; ushering in performing arts a bonus
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which means 14 days has passed since obtaining 2 doses of a primary series with Pfizer, Moderna, or Novavax or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Proof of vaccination must be provided before beginning work with Chicago Shakespeare Theater or a request for a qualifying exemption must be submitted and approved prior to beginning work.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CST is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all our hiring for staff and artists. We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CST prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.