Join our team!
Cleveland Institute of Music seeks a Building Operations Technician. This position is responsible for providing a safe, welcoming and clean environment for students, employees and guests at CIM, whose mission is to empower the world’s most talented classical music students to fulfill their dreams and potential. The Building Operations Technician is primarily a building maintenance position that will occasionally provide backup for security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide routine preventive and predictive maintenance and repair of buildings, structures, and utility
– Participate in expanding and supporting predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
– Repair, replace, and install plumbing devices and fixtures, seals, water and drain lines.
– Unblock plumbing fixtures and piping.
– General carpentry skills.
– Furniture repair.
– Knowledge of general construction safe practices.
– Paint and repair walls and ceilings.
– Construct and remove walls as directed.
– Assist with the maintenance of the grounds; such as snow removal, mowing lawn, raking leaves, picking up
debris, and maintaining shrubs and beds as needed.
– Move and set any furniture and equipment as needed.
– Work emergencies and overtime as needed.
– Keep detailed log of work performed.
– Follow projects and requests through to completion.
– Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager of Facilities Operations or Dean of Artistic
Administration and Operations.
– Possess working knowledge of door locks and related hardware.
– Keep in constant communication with the Manager of Facilities Operations and Dean of Artistic Administration
and Operations using email and other team management software.
– Conduct event set-ups and take down as directed.
– Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
– Greet students, faculty, staff and guests to CIM in a friendly and courteous manner.
– Be familiar with and able to perform both opening and closing procedures.
– Operate alarm systems.
– Ensure only authorized persons gain admittance to restricted access offices and studios.
– Challenge unfamiliar or unknown persons in or on the grounds of the Institute.
– Conduct surveillance of the building by performing routine interior and exterior patrols of the main building,
parking lot and student housing complex.
– Notify and assist proper authorities in the case of emergency situations (fire, injury, disaster, criminal
action, medical, etc.)
Education, Experience and Qualifications
– High school diploma or GED required.
– Proven work experience in facilities maintenance required.
– Efficient PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Must have excellent attendance and be punctual for all shifts.
– Possess valid driver’s license.
– Ability to work emergencies and overtime as needed.
– Love for music and the arts a plus.
– Ability to interact calmly and professionally with all levels of administration, students, faculty, vendors,
– Organized with a proactive, positive and customer service oriented demeanor toward resolving problems and
helping all CIM constituents.
– Must be a team player who is open to direction and training and who actively works to support their team
colleagues as well as the operations staff as a whole.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Building maintenance or security patrols may occur externally in all weather conditions.
Position requires physical dexterity for moving, standing, climbing or walking for significant periods of time and lifting up to 75 pounds. This includes but is not limited to using ladders and machinery safely, patrolling building and grounds, responding quickly in emergency situations, and other physical demands related to moving and securing Institute property.
Benefits and Perks
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
– Retirement with a matching contribution after one year of service.
– Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
– Paid time off – vacation, personal and sick time. In addition, two floating holidays and closed two weeks for
– Tuition discount for employees and dependents.
The Cleveland Institute of Music embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will create an inclusive climate for students of all races, ethnicities, and genders. We strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply. CIM is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; we support and practice non-discrimination in all areas of employment regarding gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
No calls or emails, please.
To apply for this job email your details to Tamatha.Belton@cim.edu