The Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM) is a premier conservatory devoted to training the next generation of classical musicians. Our alumni earn jobs in the world’s finest orchestras, opera companies, educational institutions and use their extraordinary talent and technical mastery to build lifelong careers in music.
The Development Operations Coordinator serves as a member of the Cleveland Institute of Music’s (CIM) Development team and will be fully-versed in and exposed to the daily development operations of CIM; performing as a key figure in the effectiveness and overall ability of the department to achieve its fundraising goals, steward donors, and maintain financial records of donations. Under the direction of the Associate Director, Individual Giving, the Development Operations Coordinator will support the implementation of fundraising strategies to increase contributed revenues from donors to CIM.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and coordinate development-related Raiser’s Edge functions including:Process donations, payments, and pledges.
- Performing development-related data entry and maintenance of Raiser’s Edge, including entering new accounts, updating existing accounts, ensuring correct constituency codes, and memberships, etc.
- Generating acknowledgements for all gifts within 72 hours of receipt, ensuring membership levels are appropriately adjusted on receipts and keeping text updated to reflect the latest news and activity from CIM.
- Providing database support for the Development team and CIM including, but not limited to, extractions, list generation, constituent updates, maintenance of memberships, analysis of trends, and campaign progress reporting.
- Review department standards and policies for database and processing gifts and suggest improvements.
- Serve as liaison to Raiser’s Edge and provide input during contract negotiations and representing CIM’s data needs.
- Support research and prospect management activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with scholarship and endowment fund reporting, lifetime giving initiative, and other major gift and campaign related reports.
- Act as the day-to-day contact Development for the Finance team:Handle payments to ensure proper tracking and coding.
- Perform regular reconciliations with finance.
- Ensure proper gift and pledge documentation, support the annual audit process.
- Assist with email, and Direct Mail, and other broad-based campaigns by:Providing supporting data to determine leads in accordance with mailing schedules.
- Monitoring progress on a daily basis by processing credit card contributions and producing follow up pledge letters.
- Tracking Direct Mail ROI including weekly metrics updates and analyze results to formulate recommendations on campaign.
- Assist the Development team in planning for all campaigns, adhering to the Development & Marketing calendars.
- Serve as a customer facing member of the Development Team:Answer and return calls from patrons and donors within 24 hours of receiving messages on the membership and events hotlines, in coordination with the Development team. Provide excellent customer service to all callers.
- Attend events as a representative of the CIM staff, including but not limited to: annual meeting, concerts, and governing members events.
- Assist with tracking event prospects and attendees.Analyze events and formulate recommendations based on the RSVP rate vs. attendance and cost/benefit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years’ experience in gift processing and data analytics.
- Strong preference for majors in the arts or demonstrated experience in a performing arts setting. Working knowledge of classical music a plus.
- Extensive computer skills – familiarity with databases, especially Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to adjust schedule as needed for support at functions, which frequently occur on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to do basic accounting and mathematical computations, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- May occasionally oversee work-study students and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quick study with a bias toward action.
- Works efficiently and proactively and takes responsibility for own work.
- Comfortable working with a variety of people and personalities.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure, driven by an internal sense of urgency and will to succeed.
- Focuses on exceptional customer service.
- Excel as both an individual contributor and a key team member.
- Professional working environment.
- Position requires occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, perhaps once per week.
- Position involves occasional driving to concerts and other events outside of office (1-3 times per month, depending on time of year).
- Position requires heavy computer usage and frequent phone usage.
- Incumbent will spend 90% of time sitting.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid time off – vacation, personal and sick time. In addition, closed two weeks during the winter break.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid short-term, long-term and life insurance.
- Retirement with a matching contribution after 1 year of service.
- Tuition discount for the employee and dependents.
To apply for this job please visit www.cim.edu.