Come join our team!
The Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM) has an opportunity for a Facilities Coordinator. This position would maintain the buildings and grounds in a manner compatible with institutional objectives as well as in compliance with local, state and federal codes as applicable. This is a hands-on position and reports to the Director of Facilities Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Serve as the lead facilities staff member to the Director of Facilities Operations.
– Coordinate and assist in the operations, maintenance, and repair of the buildings, including preventive and
predictive maintenance of all mechanical, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems.
– Keep track of inventory, get price quotes and handle supply and equipment orders for both the
education/performance space and dormitory.
– Coordinate, assign or perform other related projects, tasks or work orders as directed by the Director of
Facilities Operations and follow through to completion.
– Receive and prioritize work orders for the main building and residence hall.
– Assist residence life staff with annual turnover of student housing.
– Coordinate with outside contractors as required.
– Keep in constant communication with the Director of Facilities Operations.
– Repair and install electrical fixtures, re-set electrical circuit breakers, re-lamp lighting fixtures and
replace ballasts as required.
– Unblock plumbing fixtures and piping.
– Move equipment and furniture.
– Maintain MSDS Information Book.
– Repair, install and maintain locks throughout the buildings.
– Assist in the maintenance of the building key inventory.
– Repair and paint walls and ceilings as required.
– Provide maintenance and cleanliness of CIM owned vehicles.
– Represent CIM in a professional manner to internal (faculty, staff and students) and external stakeholder
(vendors, partner institutions and community members).
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
– High school diploma and GED required. Bachelor’s or Associate degree in project management or similar
– A completed course in facilities management will be advantageous.
– Professional trade licenses are preferred but not required.
– A minimum of 2 years of experience in facility coordination or project management.
– Extensive experience in building and equipment maintenance.
– Advance knowledge of maintenance planning and schedules.
– Ability to respond to building and equipment emergencies.
– In-depth knowledge of building safety regulations and security protocols.
– Proficiency office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Excellent organizational and communications skills.
– Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
– Must have a valid drivers license.
– Must be team-oriented.
– A motivated self-starter and problem solver.
– Able to interact with all levels of administration, faculty, students and outside vendors.
– Excellent attendance and must be dependable.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
– Must have physical dexterity required for lifting, moving, standing, or walking for significant periods of
– Physically able to climb/crawl in tight areas, climb ladders, etc.
– Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Benefits and Perks
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
– Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts.
– Retirement with a matching contribution after one year of service.
– Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
– Paid time off – vacation, personal, and sick time. In addition, two floating holidays and two weeks paid while
the Institute is closed for winter break.
– Tuition discount for employees and dependents.
The Cleveland Institute of Music embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will create an inclusive climate for students of all races, ethnicities, and genders. We strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply. CIM is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; we support and practice non-discrimination in all areas of employment regarding gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
No calls or emails, please.
To apply for this job email your details to Tamatha.Belton@cim.edu