Come join our team! We have a great opportunity for a General/Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant manages all aspects of accounts payables, prepares and inputs routine monthly entries to the general ledger and performs special projects as requested. This position reports to the Controller.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Processes invoices, student refunds and CIM credit card bills on a timely basis:
– Obtains approval for all payments made by CIM from the appropriate manager
– Codes invoices
– Enters approved, coded invoices in Great Plains Dynamics
– Prints and distributes weekly checks
– Processes ACH transfers
– Manages active vendor records including W-9 and tax-exempt notices
– Maintains filing system of all documents used in the payable process: electronic or paper
– Issues 1099’s, 1096, 1042-S & 1042 at year-end.
– Manages the general-use CIM credit card.
– Prepares and enters routine monthly journal entries including, but not limited to: prepaid expenses,
depreciation, payroll and related allocations, etc.
– Assists in maintaining CIM fixed asset schedule.
– Assists in the preparation of 1098-T’s and in Unclaimed Funds reporting.
– Deposits cash at the bank as needed.
– Maintains expenses allocation spreadsheets for credit card fees, copier usage payroll benefits, etc.
– Participates in general Business Office responsibilities, such as accepting tuition and other payments, –
distributing student stickers, answering student questions.
– Provides additional support and performs special projects as requested.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s or higher with emphasis on accounting/bookkeeping or applicable experience.
– Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on general ledger and accounts payable experience.
– Prior experience with PC-based Accounts Payable processing & integrated general ledger systems. Experience
with Great Plains Dynamics 2018 a plus.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer and Teams. Advanced Excel
– Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of administration, faculty, students
– Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
– Highly organized, accurate, self-motivated, deadline and detail oriented.
– Able to focus on completing projects with occasional interruptions.
– Customer service oriented.
– Professional and respectful communications regardless of method (in-person, telephone, email).
– Interested in exploring more efficient ways to get things done within Institute’s policies and resources.
– Willingness to learn and teach others.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
– Work takes place in an office cubicle environment with florescent lighting.
– Sitting 90% of the time working on a PC.
– Ability to lift and move boxes up to 25 lbs and reaching.
Benefits and Perks
– Medical, Dental and Visions Insurance.
– Retirement with a matching contribution after one-year of service.
– Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
– Company paid life insurance,.
– Paid time off – vacation, personal, sick time. In addition two floating holidays and two week paid while the
Institute is closed for winter break.
– Tuition discount for employees and dependents.
– Remote work if position allows for it.
The Cleveland Institute of Music embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will create an inclusive climate for students of all races, ethnicities, and genders. We strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply. CIM is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; we support and practice non-discrimination in all areas of employment regarding gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
No calls or emails, please.
To apply for this job email your details to Tamatha.Belton@cim.edu