The nonprofit partner of the Lesher Center for the Arts
This position reports to and works closely with the DRAA Executive Director on development initiatives and collaborates with a small DRAA team and key staff at the Lesher Center. We seek an experienced development specialist with a passion for the arts and an outstanding ability to communicate our mission to patrons, donors, and the community. Physical presence at the DRAA Office is expected, remote on occasion or for special projects. The Development Manager must have a strong desire to make a difference in our region’s enhancement of the arts. There is an opportunity for advancement based on performance.
Essential Job Duties
• Under the supervision of the DRAA Executive Director, the Development Manager will lead development initiatives for DRAA, which include corporate, institutional, foundations, and individuals
• Draft grant and sponsorship proposals for DRAA and supported programs from the Lesher Center for the Arts, Bedford Gallery, and Center Repertory Company
• Research new donor opportunities, including corporate, institutional, foundations, and individuals
• Assist in the planning and execution of donor and fundraising events and other activities, some of which occur in the evenings and on weekends
• Assist in cultivating current individuals, corporations, and foundational donors and in forming new relationships
• Prepare deposits of all donations
• Manage and leverage DonorPerfect software for tracking donations and memberships, supporting overall development efforts, and streamlining donor experience for a variety of donation types in collaboration with the Program Manager
• Enter donations into DonorPerfect and prepare donor acknowledgments in partnership with the Program Manager and Community Engagement Specialist
• Create donor recognition and donor solicitation copy and content for brochures, direct mail, social media content, website donor information, press releases, and newsletters in collaboration with the Head of Marketing
• Draft press releases announcing Grant Awards and other newsworthy items in collaboration with the Head of Marketing
• Other duties in support of DRAA and the Lesher Center as needed
To apply for this job please visit www.lesherartscenter.org.