SUMMARY: The Akron Symphony Orchestra Director of Development plans and executes a comprehensive resource development and stewardship program for GAMA. The Director of Development works in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees and is the primary staff liaison with the Board Development Committee. The Director of Development coordinates with GAMA staff to ensure that development plans and benefits are integrated with marketing and programming plans to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization.
- Work with Board of Directors and Volunteers to develop and maintain internal and external contacts to optimize fund-raising efforts; represent GAMA at other civic and cultural events in the community; represent GAMA by speaking at public events as requested.
- Assist the Executive Director in establishing appropriate annual goals and strategies for the Annual Campaign and all other fund-raising activities in support of GAMA’s mission
- Develop budgets for each event and campaign; monitor the progress of each, and adjust plans when necessary.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Committee to evaluate effectiveness of each campaign.
- Oversee the development and production of all materials used to support GAMA’s development efforts, campaigns and special events, in coordination with GAMA’s overall brand.
- Provide reports and tools to allow the Development Committee and others to actively participate in and track progress of all campaigns in relation to goals.
- Plan, manage, and implement all phases of the General Operating Support/Annual Campaign; oversee the solicitation and acknowledgment process, maintenance of records, and establishment and disclosure within IRS guidelines of donor benefits; monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- The Annual Campaign includes, but is not limited to:
- Individual giving
- Corporate and institutional partnerships
- Government, foundation and private-sector grants
- Special fundraising events
- In-kind support
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to ensure a year-round cultivation program to develop new relationships and funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage flexible, but consistent benefit fulfillment to individual, corporate and institutional donors.
- Serve as the staff coordinator for the Annual Gala and/or other fundraising events, working collaboratively with Board and other volunteers.
- Develop an ongoing planned giving program for the GAMA Foundation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications for an Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate artistic vision and goals to relevant appeals;
- Ability to quickly and effectively build relationships with patrons, donors and community leaders.
- Experience with all areas of fundraising including grant writing, individual & major gift solicitation, corporate sponsorship, planned giving and special events;
- Successful fundraising track record including guiding and motivating Board Members and other investors to engage in fundraising for their institution;
- Proficiency in data base management;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and execute plans effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong understanding of current best practices in fundraising and philanthropy;
- Knowledge of orchestral and classical music helpful but not required;
- Some evenings and weekends required.
This is a full time employment position. Compensation and benefits are competitive with similar sized organizations and commensurate with experience and qualifications. This job scope is not intended to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual in this position. Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualified candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter to Paul Jarrett, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper applications will be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com