Website Everyman Theatre
Based in Baltimore, MD, Everyman Theatre seeks a proactive, collaborative, and critical-thinking leader to join a team of talented staff, artists, and Board Members in the role of Director of Finance + Administration.
Everyman Theatre operates on a $6million annual budget and is invested in building up the administrative and financial infrastructure to adequately support the growing organization. It has modernized the chart of accounts and is working with SC&H Consulting Group to effectively complete a transition to cloud-based accounting, AP, and credit card software. The Director of Finance + Administration, in collaboration with the Managing Director, will work across departments to continue establishing and implementing efficiencies in the financial and administrative systems for the organization while maintaining focus on the organization’s strategic priorities and core values of people, community, and excellence.
The Director of Finance + Administration reports directly to the Managing Director and works closely with all departments to oversee and manage all fiscal resources, accounting, finance administration, and human resource functions for the organization. As a member of senior management, the Director of Finance + Administration will share in the responsibility and leadership of Everyman and will be a regular voice in strategic planning and setting organizational strategy with financial oversight.
– Recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges as they relate to financial systems and organizational infrastructure and generate ideas, strategies, and solutions to drive impact.
– Regularly review accounting results and cash position at month-end and produce financial updates and reports for Management, Board Finance Committee, and Board of Directors. Provide strategic recommendations to the Managing Director based on financial analysis and projections.
– Work closely with all departments to develop and monitor the organization’s annual budget, providing strategic analysis to assist in the budgeting process. Create and manage annual operating budgets for administrative costs.
– Ensure organizational compliance with all regulatory tax filings and audit requirements; coordinate annual audit activities.
– Project cash flow and manage short and long-term cash needs and investments; work closely with Managing Director and Board Finance Committee to strategize in multi-year investments and financial planning.
– Serve as a key collaborator in strategic planning to build revenue streams, implement expense efficiencies, and build collaborative community relationships in an effort to ground the sustainability of the organization in an equitable manner supporting Everyman’s core values of people, community, and excellence.
– Regularly work with Development team to prepare and review grant budgets and closing reports for the administration of grants and special funding as needed. Proactively engage in conversation with departments to track revenue and expenses in a manner that yields results most efficiently.
– Manage relationship with Accounting Consultants SC&H Group to streamline workflows and ensure accuracy of financial data.
– Work with Managing Director to continue the development and implementation of ongoing policies and procedures in management, reporting, and tracking to create organization efficiencies. Design and implement internal controls in accordance with GAAP.
– Oversee capital planning budget; work with department heads to update capital expense requirements and recommend ongoing strategy to plan purchasing decisions based on organization priorities and resources.
– Oversee and manage all Human Resource functions, including Human Resources Manager and any necessary consultants. Provide regular updates to Management as needed.
– Oversee payroll and benefits processing; manage relationships with third-parties for timely and accurate contributions and reporting.
– Oversee the management, maintenance, and renewals of all organization and employee insurance, including relationships with brokers, government agencies, and consulting organizations.
– Participate in Everyman CARES (Committee on Anti-Racism, Equity, and Solidarity) and work with the Committee to implement policies and procedures that are grounded in our code of conduct with an eye toward cultivating an anti-racist, healing-oriented organization.
– Work closely with Managing Director to build a successful support staff required to implement the finance and human resources needs of the organization, including system and process improvements, structuring responsibility across department positions, and working with consultants to intentionally build upon existing structure.
– Manage banking and investment relationships and reporting.
– Manage city, state, and federal obligations and licensing (i.e. charitable organization registration, liquor license, etc.).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– At least 3 years (5 years preferred) of financial leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
– Robust understanding of financial accounting in a nonprofit organization, with demonstrated success in creating financial models and managing reporting.
– Relentless curiosity with the ability to productively question existing systems and engage in solution-oriented, streamlined systems-thinking across departments.
– Collaborative approach to leadership and the ability to work effectively across varied departments to meet goals and advance organizational performance.
– Ability to communicate transparently, respectfully, and effectively across mediums and with audiences of varied cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
– Experience in human resource and administrative requirements and functions.
– Positive thought leader with the ability to manage oneself and others through competing priorities.
– CPA and/or Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
– Passion for the performing arts and its role in community building.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
– The Director of Finance + Administration is a full-time exempt position with a starting salary of $75,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
– Everyman Theatre provides 100% medical coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance including both full premium coverage and full deductible coverage.
– 401k plan with pre-tax contribution eligibility and employer match after six months of service.
– Paid time off includes vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days.
– Everyman Theatre employees work onsite with flexibility for periodic remote and hybrid work
– Everyman Theatre employees receive complimentary and discounted tickets to performances and discounts to all classes for employees and families
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@everymantheatre.org and include “Director of Finance” in the subject.
WORKING AT EVERYMAN:
Everyman Theatre’s core values are People, Community, and Excellence. The organization is deeply committed to cultivating an atmosphere in which every individual is valued and to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at every level. We believe that joy should be in our work and are passionate about taking care of one another, having fun, and getting the job done with excellence (in that order!).
Everyman Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Everyman are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Every application will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, familial or parental status, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or genetics.
Everyman seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. We encourage applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, and applicants without theatre backgrounds, to apply.
Everyman is a professional theatre celebrating the actor, with an award-winning Resident Company of artists from the Baltimore/Washington, DC area. The theatre is dedicated to engaging through a shared experience between actor and audience seeking connection and emotional truth in performance. Everyman is committed to serving Baltimore through its robust Education and Community Engagement Programs including the High School Matinee Program and Lifelong learning initiatives, having served ages ranging from 3 to 93. Everyman CARES (Committee on Anti-Racism, Equity, and Solidarity) is an active committee of Staff and Board dedicated to reviewing all facets of the organization and implementing meaningful change.
With an annual budget of about $6million, Everyman’s robust theatrical offerings and innovative education and community programming engages audiences and students of all ages with the mission to be a theatrical home for all.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@everymantheatre.org