Job Title: Video Production Assistant
Supervisor: Executive Director
Status: Part-time seasonal apprenticeship (full-time during Festival)
July 11 – August 9, 2019
(some remote prep work may be required in weeks leading up to Festival)
Posting Date: January 17, 2019
The Video Production Assistant is a key member of the Festival Mozaic marketing team. The Video Production Assistant’s primary responsibilities are coordinating the Festival’s video capture efforts during the summer. This position will require interaction with the Music Director, Executive Director, General Manager, Technical Director and stagehands, House Manager, Recording Engineer, Festival photographers, volunteers, musicians, venue staff and other apprentices. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of DSLR photography and/or capture, editing, and multi-camera shoots. An interest in photography, video production, classical music and/or arts administration is also requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
PRIOR TO FESTIVAL
• With Music Director, create a calendar of videography needs/shot lists during Festival.
• With General Manager, create a calendar of volunteer camera operator needs for Festival concerts and events.
• Visit Festival venues with General Manager and other apprentices to plan shots, etc.
• Attend pre-Festival production meeting(s) and review master calendar with entire Festival team.
• Attend pre-Festival volunteer orientation meeting(s).
• Direct all 2019 videography, including management of volunteer camera operators and safe placement of cameras at assigned Festival events and concerts.
• Coordinate and transport video equipment to and from Festival events.
• Download video files, charge batteries, and change SD cards after each filmed event.
• Plan, shoot and edit content for Festival Mozaic’s social media outlets during Festival, including but not limited to concert performances, backstage interviews, interviews with patrons, and upcoming event previews.
• Create a Facebook post of select video excerpts (up to 30 seconds) at least once per day in coordination with Marketing Assistant.
• Coordinate and conduct backstage interviews with artists at rehearsals to add in during post-production for publication to YouTube.
• Coordinate any news crew visits to Festival rehearsals or events, in consultation with Marketing Assistant.
• Upload selected/approved videos to Festival Mozaic’s YouTube channel, Facebook page, and website. Consult with Operations Assistants and/or General Manager to ensure all media release forms are collected prior to publication.
• Run Festival-related errands.
• Assist with Festival event setup and break down as needed, and perform other Festival-related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or General Manager.
• Download and organize all edited video files to external hard drives.
• Assist with the reorganization and restocking of supplies.
• Ensure all Festival video equipment is in working order. Return any rented/loaned video equipment.
• Create and author DVDs of select performances as donor “thank you” gifts.
As a small organization, all employees of Festival Mozaic are expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Talents, & Abilities
• Knowledge of photography and/or videography and post-production required.
• Experience with digital cameras (DSLR) preferred.
• Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, and/or other file sharing platforms required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Some knowledge of or interest in classical music preferred.
• Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
• Excellent people skills and strong customer-service ethos.
• Respect for a diversity of cultures.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required (mileage reimbursed at IRS rate when driving personal vehicle on Festival-related business).
• Cell phone with text message and email capabilities required.
Confidentiality: All matters pertaining to operations, donors, patrons, volunteers, musicians and other Festival personnel must remain confidential.
Organization: Good time-management skills, attention to detail, and positive attitude. Ability to work independently and with a team and meet deadlines.
Coordination: Understand the relationship of all operational positions to each other, and their impact on the culture and meeting operational goals. Adjust actions on relation to others’ actions, i.e., collaboration and team work.
Mission: All employees are responsible for promoting the mission of the organization. All employees follow branding and communications standards established for the organization.
• $1,200 Honorarium
• Housing in a private home for duration of apprenticeship (if required).
• Mileage will be reimbursed when driving personal vehicle according to IRS guidelines.
• Free admission to all Festival Mozaic events.
• Some meals and snacks provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, climb stairs, ability to see well in semi-darkness. Must be able to work long hours during Festival – evenings and weekends are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Solitary and team-work settings; noise level ranges from quiet to loud; some outdoor events in varying temperatures.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online at: www.festivalmozaic.com/apply.
Application deadline: March 15, 2019.
Mozart Festival Association dba Festival Mozaic is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, age, gender identity or any other protected status covered by federal or state law. www.FestivalMozaic.com
About Festival Mozaic
Festival Mozaic is a fast-paced, fun and vital community nonprofit organization that presents performances by internationally renowned classical musicians and crossover artists in venues throughout San Luis Obispo County, California. The 2019 Festival dates are July 24 – August 4 and will feature chamber, orchestra and unclassical concerts, Notable Encounters, farm-to-table culinary events, free “Midday Mini-Concerts,” master classes, open rehearsals, and more.