Florida Studio Theatre is seeking a Development Associate for Institutional Giving responsible for writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making entities seeking support for FST major theatre and education programs.
Florida Studio Theatre is working towards becoming a more inclusive and accessible organization. FST is thus committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse world that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
Reporting to Director of Individual Giving, the Development Associate of Institutional serves as key member of the fundraising team. This position researches and identifies new funding prospects; prepares and submits grant proposals and reports to funders; helps to establish and builds relationships with foundations and government funders and cultivates new sources of funding; and maintains a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. The position serves as an advocate in the business community, representing FST at key events and networking opportunities.
• At least one year’s experience in fundraising, grant writing, or prospect research.
• Research grant opportunities from government and foundations.
• Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
• Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
• Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
• Ability to compile, report, and analyze information effectively.
• Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple, diverse priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Experience working in theatre is a plus.
FST currently operates five stages, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Cabaret Theatre, the 110 seat John C. Court Cabaret Theatre and the 100 seat Bowne’s Lab Theatre. In addition, FST owns and manages 18 residential properties in downtown Sarasota for guest artists.
Job Type: Full-time
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume with references, a professional writing sample and salary requirement to https://www.cognitoforms.com/FloridaStudioTheatre1/FloridaStudioTheatreHiring.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org