Website Flute New Music Consortium
Promoting the commission of new works for flute
The Flute New Music Consortium is a growing 501c3 non-profit organization with the shared mission of promoting new music for the flute by commissioning works, organizing simultaneous premieres, and encouraging repeat performances. Music enthusiasts and flutists of all ages and abilities are invited to join us in funding new works featuring the flute by becoming a member or making a donation to the project fund. FNMC also hosts an annual Composition Competition in order to seek out and promote new repertoire for flute, and has hosted a biannual New Music Festival since 2020.
FNMC seeks an Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the organization achieves its objectives both internally and in the community. If you have strong leadership skills, fundraising and business development experience, and you’re looking to have a positive impact on the new music community, then FNMC may be your next great career opportunity. Experience in music and non-profit administration is desirable. We welcome flutists and non-flutists, alike, to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Hours: approx. 5 hours /week, flexible schedule, work done virtually
● Assist President with board meeting agenda as needed
● Participate in all virtual board meetings (usually bi-monthly)
● Responsible for financial tasks including grant writing for continued salary for this position, developing and overseeing budgets, working in collaboration with Grants and Finances Chair
● Attend virtual events hosted by FNMC as possible
● Coordinate FNMC’s New Music Festival
● With the Board of Directors, strategize opportunities for fundraising, and implement as needed.
● Assist Corporate Sponsor Chair in correspondence with donors as needed
Virtual Office Tasks
● Answer email correspondence within three (3) business days
Other Duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Strong and focused leadership skills that will energize, and continue to scale, FNMC on a national level.
Comfort working remotely, on a small but growing team, with the ability to work well independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
Exceptional communication, strategic thinking, and relationship building skills.
Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage a varied workflow and flexibility to respond thoughtfully and in a timely manner.
A track record of cultivating relationships with prospective and existing donors.
Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work.
Strong commitment to the mission and values of FNMC, and authentic passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Travel will be required for our biannual New Music Festival
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.