The Ticket Services Shift Supervisor is an hourly non-exempt, part-time position that works as part of the Ticket Services team to provide a high level of customer service to all audiences and staff as related to ticketing for visitation, programs, and productions. The Ticket Services Shift Supervisor serves as the manager-on-duty when neither the Senior Ticket Services Manager nor Assistant Ticket Services Manager is present. In addition to daily box office processes, the supervisors ensure that all associates adhere to policies and procedures while providing high-quality patron interactions when serving as the manager-on-duty.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The box office is open 363 days per year, closing only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Working weekend and holiday shifts will be required. Shifts are typically between 5-7 hours and can begin as early as 8am and end as late as 8:15pm. Supervisors are expected to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week and this position will require Sunday shifts along with other weekend, weekday, evening or holiday shifts.
– With the Assistant Ticket Services Manager, provide front-line management and support to Ticket Services Associates.
– Submit shift reports, detailing any staffing issues, such as breach of policy or no-show/no-call, as well as any patron issues and significant resolved and all unresolved complaints.
– Resolve escalated customer service issues, consulting with management as necessary.
– Process will call and mail batches as needed.
– Respond to patron inquiries by phone and email.
– Maintain a secure physical and digital environment for financial transactions.
– Work closely and efficiently as part of team with front line staff including but not limited to: Visitor Services, House Management, National Park Service staff, and daytime volunteers.
– Process customer transactions accurately, courteously and efficiently as a member of the front line staff.
– Stay up to date on events and schedules of Ford’s Theatre Society and Historic site activities, programs, and visitation.
– Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
– Minimum of 20 hours of availability/week.
– Minimum one year of leadership or supervisory experience in a team-oriented environment.
– Comfort working at a computer workstation and ability to learn ticketing software program.
– Experience in Tessitura ticketing software is preferred, but not required.
– Must be cheerful, team-spirited, organized, detail-oriented and efficient, but flexible with strong organizational and communication skills.
To be considered, please apply with a Cover Letter and Resume at fords.org/work-with-us.