The Fort Wayne Philharmonic seeks an individual who is motivated and enthusiastic about supporting the mission of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra. This is a full-time position working on-site in the Orchestra’s office reporting directly to the General Manager.
The Artistic Administrative Associate provides support and assistance to the Artistic Operations Department. Their primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional customer service to Philharmonic guest artists and administrative support to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide exceptional customer service to Philharmonic guest artists.
• Coordinate Philharmonic guest artist air travel, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations per artist requirements; Create guest artist itineraries in coordination with artists, artist managers, Director of Operations, and other Philharmonic staff.
• Be available for orchestra services including rehearsals and concerts and assist with load-ins, loadouts, and stage resets.
• Manage and attend Ensemble performances when necessary.
• Attend Operations department meetings, taking notes and distributing minutes.
ARTISTIC ADMINISTRATION FOCUS
• Provide administrative assistance to General Manager and Director of Operations.
• Enter up-to-date and accurate data into OPAS database including artist information, orchestra service schedule, program data, payment, and budget tracking.
• Maintain accurate concert files.
• Collect guest artist PR materials for use in season brochures and the Prelude program books.
• Service guest artist contracts including necessary tax paperwork and provide timely payment requests to the Finance Department.
• Manage artist visa applications.
• Perform other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a nonprofit organization and/or performing arts environment preferred.
• General knowledge of classical music and experience working with an orchestra.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to demonstrate excellence in organization and communication skills, planning, budgeting.
• Working knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail, and to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Must have valid Indiana driver’s license.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed for rehearsals and concerts.
ABOUT THE FORT WAYNE PHILHARMONIC:
Now in its 80th season, the Fort Wayne Philharmonic is one of the most exciting performing arts organizations in Indiana. The Philharmonic’s mission is to inspire and foster a lifelong love of classical music through performance and education. Led by Music Director Andrew Constantine, the Philharmonic performances reach more than 200,000 people every season at the Auer Concert Hall and at various venues throughout the community, including schools, nursing homes, community centers, and churches. The Fort Wayne Philharmonic is truly an orchestra of the future, with bold plans to reach deeply into the fabric of the community with exciting, entertaining and meaningful offerings. The Philharmonic reaches more than 39,000 young people and families through its extensive education and community engagement programs, including Ensembles in the Schools, Young People’s Concerts, and Club Orchestra – a novel El Sistema modeled collaborative program with 3 Fort Wayne Community Schools – inspiring and motivating young citizens of the future. Regional touring, donor cultivation, and board activities round out a busy performance schedule for the orchestra.
Open until filled.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Employee Relations and Inclusion
4901 Fuller Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46835
No phone inquiries, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org