The Orchestra Personnel Manager is responsible for managing and administering the musicians of the orchestra. The Orchestra Personnel Manager serves as a liaison between the musicians and the administrative staff of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the appropriate complement of musicians for all services, including hiring and managing extra and substitute musicians as needed
- Ensure compliance with the Master Agreement between the Philharmonic and the AF of M, Local 58
- Coordination and administration of the audition process
- Preparation and distribution of orchestra schedules, rosters and notifications
- Preparation of payroll and other records using the Orchestra Planning and Administration System (OPAS) database
- Attend all rehearsal and performance services
- Responsible for timekeeping at all services
- Other duties as assigned
The Orchestra Personnel Manager will also schedule and administer the educational and institutional ensemble programs
- Produce timely communications of ensemble schedule and related information with musicians and Operations staff
- Maintain accurate and complete files on all educational and institutional ensemble performances, including contracts, contact information and correspondence with schools and institutions
- Prepare and present to the General Manager all ensemble contracts for signature. Ensure the timely return of all contracts and file a fully executed copy in the appropriate file. Supply a copy of each fully executed contract to Accounting for billing purposes
- Compile and regularly update the Ensemble Players Manual for each contract musician.
- Maintain historical data of ensemble performances and rotation.
B.S./B.A. in music or Arts Administration is preferred. Must have substantial knowledge of the workings of a symphony orchestra and familiarity with the orchestral repertoire. The successful candidate will have superb organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, strong computer proficiency, and meticulous attention to detail. It is critical that he/she has the energy and flexibility to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks effectively and execute projects to the highest level possible. Reliability, promptness and a respect for sensitive or confidential information is required. This position requires office hours and attendance at performances and rehearsals (including evenings and weekends).
Salary commensurate with experience and job performance. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Send cover letter and résumé via email to email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Fort Wayne Philharmonic
4901 Fuller Drive
Fort Wayne, IN 46835
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org