The Executive & Board Liaison (EBL) is a proactive, organized, responsible, and creative nonprofit professional who supports the Founder, CEO & Artistic Director Gina Gibney (CEO) and serves as a liaison with the organization’s Board of Directors.
The EBL manages the CEO’s written communication and special projects in addition to the daily schedule of meetings, tasks, and fundraising responsibilities. The EBL is a strong writer, communicator, and multi-tasker who can handle day-to-day tasks with excellence while tracking progress on longer-term goals, planning, and logistics. The EBL uses sound judgment in planning, delegation, and prioritization to ensure that the CEO’s time is leveraged to maximum potential. The EBL streamlines communication between the CEO and Gibney’s many internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have significant prior experience, deep love of and desire to advance the field of dance, an affinity with the organization’s mission and dedication to social justice, and a demonstrated commitment to nonprofit management.
The EBL is supervised directly by the CEO and regularly collaborates with Gibney’s Executive Leadership Team. The EBL is a full-time, exempt position with tremendous opportunities for growth and advancement.
This position requires an on-site presence at Gibney Center, including 890 Broadway and 280 Broadway, in lower Manhattan. Further, all employees must be fully vaccinated (including a booster) to enter Gibney Center.
In the domain of Executive responsibilities, the EBL:
• Anticipates and facilitates the CEO’s needs through comprehensive administrative and logistical support.
• Manages timely and sensitive projects for the CEO with care and maintains a high level of discretion around confidential information.
• Manages and serves as a point person for the CEO’s communications and interactions with all internal and external stakeholders, including board, donors, funders, field VIPs, staff, colleagues, and others.
• Drafts reports and written communication for the CEO and ensures timely follow-up on meeting requests, funder outreach, and updates, thank you notes, and extensive staff communication.
• Strategically manages the CEO’s calendar with careful attention to detail; ensures that the CEO’s priorities are reflected in the schedule of meetings; fields all internal and external meeting requests.
• Manages meeting inquiries and effectively coordinates scheduling.
• Manages CEO meetings: prepares agendas and written materials; ensures that all materials are proofed, well-constructed, and available at the time of the meeting; attends meetings and records notes, provides notes and/or lists of action items to participants, and follows up on progress on action items.
• Maintains contact lists and updates Gibney’s CRM database on behalf of the CEO.
• Conducts informal research, data collection, and surveying, also assisting with analysis.
• Manages and books all domestic and international travel arrangements (flights, accommodations, Visas, dinner reservations, etc.) for the CEO, generates detailed itineraries, manages all travel logistics, and provides support throughout travel period.
• Prepares expense reports for the CEO and reconciles credit cards.
• Schedules and manages special CEO-initiated staff and program activities, including IDEA sessions, professional development opportunities, and special program initiatives.
• Performs duties related to the CEOs outside professional commitments, including Boards, convenings, industry events, and affinity groups; coordinates agendas and materials preparation, and follow up.
In the domain of Board responsibilities, the EBL:
• Schedules Board of Director and Board Committee meetings; composes first draft agendas in collaboration with the staff administrator; distributes final agendas and handouts, records draft minutes, and distributes final approved version; and ensures follow-up for items identified during Board calls and meetings.
• Supports regular and real-time correspondence and updates for the Board of Directors, and responds to Board inquiries promptly.
• Participates as a member of the Development team focusing on liaising with the Board and assisting the CEO with fundraising duties; facilitates and supports the CEO’s completion of “Moves Management” tasks.
• Utilizes Gibney’s CRM database, Salesforce PatronManager, to consistently track completed tasks, denote the status of next steps and meetings, and capture meeting debriefs to keep senior staff informed on progress across various relationships.
• Schedules and manages special CEO-initiates Board activities, including the Board/Staff Lunch and the Board Chair’s cycle of attendance at Staff Meetings.
Gibney is a growing organization, and employees are often called upon to perform other duties essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet critical deadlines.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding, with intrinsic benefits and different opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms.
Therefore, candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting a position at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations for disabilities during the application and hiring process. If required, please contact Senior Manager of Human Resources, Mario Alberto Flores, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree required (B.A. or B.F.A. preferred), and/or related experience.
• 5+ years of nonprofit management and communications experience, preferably in dance/performing arts.
• Passion for the performing arts and social justice fields, and belief in Gibney’s mission and vision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Facility with and curiosity about technology.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Ability to interact positively and effectively with management and employees at all levels and throughout every area of the organization.
• Excellent judgment, discretion, and integrity.
• Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proactive and motivated with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Demonstrate humor, enthusiasm, and positivity.
• Ability to work some overtime, including evenings and weekends as needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms.
• Ethical work behavior with the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
To be considered for the position, please submit your application to:
Mario Flores, Senior Manager of HR
Your application should include a resume and a cover letter that demonstrates the level of writing skill that is essential for this position. Please note that the salary for this full-time exempt position is $58,500, though exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered at levels commensurate with their experience.
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail, fax, or phone.
To apply for this job please visit gibneydance.org.