Website Gina Gibney Dance, Inc.
The Database Manager (DM) is a detail-oriented, conscientious, and technology-savvy individual. The successful candidate brings development operations and database experience, a deep love of dance and the performing arts, and an affinity with Gibney’s mission.
The DM works as an integral member of a coordinated development team consisting of Senior Director of Development (SDOD), a Deputy Director of Development (DDOD), an Institutional Giving Manager (IGM), and an Events Manager (EM). The DM further collaborates with the Founder, Artistic Director & CEO (CEO), Executive & Board Liaison (EBL), members of the Board of Directors, and Gibney stakeholders. The DM’s functional role involves the management of Gibney’s CRM database (Salesforce – PatronManager), data tracking and integrity, and general development operations.
Reporting to the DDOD, the DM is a full-time, non-exempt position. This position requires frequent on-site presence at Gibney Center, including 890 and 280 Broadway, in accordance with Gibney’s Hybrid Work Policy. Please note that staff must also be fully vaccinated and boosted per Gibney’s Employee Vaccination Policy.
• Collaborates with the development team to help raise $5M+ annually
• Participates in necessary training to earn PatronManager Certified Admin status
• Processes all incoming contributions and pledges
• Prepares all gift acknowledgement letters in a timely and personalized manner
• Notifies the appropriate team members and parties about incoming gifts
• Works with the development and marketing teams to uphold accurate donor recognition
• Drafts agendas and materials for weekly development team meetings, further taking meeting notes and distributing action items
• Manages and maintains a high level of organization in development files and archives
• Participates as a staff guest on the Board’s Strategic Advancement Committee
• Assists the development team with various projects and activities as requested
• Manages Gibney’s database, taking full ownership of data maintenance, adhering to and promoting database protocols to support consistent use across the development team
• Monitors the tracking of all moves management processes by regularly and proactively updating tasks, information, and research
• Updates contact information within the database regularly and proactively (e.g., follows up and/or researches alternate contact information when emails bounce or mail is returned)
• Under the guidance of the SDOD and DDOD, implements new donor segmentation and portfolio systems across the database
• Monitors and updates various reports and portfolios (e.g., individuals, major donors, Board, Board pipeline, honoree pipeline, top stakeholders, Gibney Company, Gibney Community, Gibney Center, and others) on a regular basis
• Cleans all data before disseminating it, further making the same edits in the database to ensure continuously improved data integrity
• Inputs research into the CRM database and conducts research as requested
• Maintains accurate contributed revenue accounting in the database
• Interfaces with the finance team to maintain reporting and gift accounting accuracy
• Generates queries, reports, and any other data, ensuring data is accurate and clean
• Pulls and prepares various cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship lists and tracks communication outreach within the database
Gibney is a growing organization and employees are often called upon to perform other duties that are essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines. This kind of work should only be disseminated by the direct supervisor of that staff member and include relocating their original work for that time frame.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding with intrinsic benefits and distinct opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms. Candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting employment at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations of disabilities during the application and hiring process. If required, please contact Senior Manager of Human Resources, Mario Alberto Flores at email@example.com.
The model candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
• An appreciation for Gibney’s mission, the performing arts, and social justice
• A minimum of 1 year of work experience in nonprofit development; 2+ years of experience is a plus
• Existing database experience; Salesforce-PatronManager experience is highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or relevant experience
• Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in the workplace and sector
• Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
• Exceptional comfort working in Microsoft Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ethical work behavior with ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
To be considered, please submit your application to: Jenny Thompson, Managing Director of Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Manager” in the subject line.
Your application should include a resume, a cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for this position, and the names of at least two professional references. Please submit your application electronically in one PDF document. All applications will be treated as confidential, and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions that are sent via postal mail, fax, or phone.
Please note that the salary range for this position is $40,000 to $45,000. Exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered at levels commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com